• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A trip to the bluebell railway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milo's Trains

On Moderation
Joined
10 Jun 2022
Messages
44
Location
Sussex
I recently went to see the (poorly advertised) Halloween train at the bluebell railway.

I was expecting to go behind the hall class, however upon arrival we found out it was the black 5 "Camelot" on the service, much to my disappointment, and others there too.

Although that was a downside the whole event had been staged well, from the actors on the train, to those on the platform made for an enjoyable experience, (Although I cared more for the steam locomotive than the event itself)

If it happens next year, I would probably go again.

I suggest those who have kids to take theirs.

Yours Milo | 16
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

158760

Member
Joined
23 Sep 2023
Messages
245
Location
England
I recently went to see the (poorly advertised) Halloween train at the bluebell railway.

I was expecting to go behind the hall class, however upon arrival we found out it was the black 5 "Camelot" on the service, much to my disappointment, and others there too.

Although that was a downside the whole event had been staged well, from the actors on the train, to those on the platform made for an enjoyable experience, (Although I cared more for the steam locomotive than the event itself)

If it happens next year, I would probably go again.

I suggest those who have kids to take theirs.

Yours Milo | 16
I’m glad you enjoyed it - I went on the dress rehearsal and thought the show was brilliant!

Just a quick question though - what made you think it was going to be Wightwick Hall hauling the service? The graphics and trailer both showed Camelot, and it didn’t mention Wightwick Hall in connection with the Ghost Train.

It will absolutely be returning next year, as this year completely sold out and was incredibly well received by customers. I haven’t looked at any details yet but I imagine it will be slightly different with regards to actors and stories.
 

Milo's Trains

On Moderation
Joined
10 Jun 2022
Messages
44
Location
Sussex
I’m glad you enjoyed it - I went on the dress rehearsal and thought the show was brilliant!

Just a quick question though - what made you think it was going to be Wightwick Hall hauling the service? The graphics and trailer both showed Camelot, and it didn’t mention Wightwick Hall in connection with the Ghost Train.

It will absolutely be returning next year, as this year completely sold out and was incredibly well received by customers. I haven’t looked at any details yet but I imagine it will be slightly different with regards to actors and stories.
Little bit of miscomunication by the person who i went with, they thought it was advertised as the other train as the website said both trains would be running that day
 

158760

Member
Joined
23 Sep 2023
Messages
245
Location
England
Little bit of miscomunication by the person who i went with, they thought it was advertised as the other train as the website said both trains would be running that day
That makes sense, sorry to hear about the confusion and hope it didn’t cause too much disappointment. If you’re still interested in riding being Wightwick Hall, it’s currently rostered to be in operation between the 14th and 21st February on the Bluebell before it leaves the railway again and returns to filming duties.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top