Well, today was always likely to be a weather fail, but there was some heritage traction around and I had nothing better to do. In the end, I got a series of hazy light shots, but nice to record the interesting workings that were around....
After my rant earlier this week about DB Stinker failing to get a run round done in time, I thought I'd try and get that Saltley Viaduct shot done again. 4M11 was booked to be running round (thus blocking this shot) but the inbound working was late in so for once, DB Stinker's ineptitude worked in my favour. As did a fortunate break in the clouds when 67005 approached - http://www.ferret.fotopic.net/p63790744.html
Went up to the Washwood Heath bridge to attempt to wag a Ryanair 737 inbound Brum but they'd switched runways just as the offending aircraft was over Wallasey (cheers then!) so I settled for second prize - 70003 on 4Z70 which alas was on the Down Goods. http://www.ferret.fotopic.net/p63790317.html
Over to Whittington for some 47s on an ECS move. Got half way down the field and watched 66412 sail by, though 90044 with 4L75 was not far behind. http://www.ferret.fotopic.net/p63790318.html
Followed by 66570 on 4O27 - http://www.ferret.fotopic.net/p63790319.html
And as the cloud really started to obscure the sun, 31601 passed working 4Q68 Derby RTC-Euston BOR - http://www.ferret.fotopic.net/p63790320.html
At this point, I decided I'd go and get some food - of course, inevitably there would be a 67 dragging two barrier vehicles southwards passing Atherstone just as I parked up in the Co Op car park. Fail!
It got worse when I pulled up at the footbridge just south of Atherstone at the same time as 66612 passed heading south on a Crewe-Mountsorrel engineers. The WCRC move was 80 late courtesy of a problem at Preston, which was a pity seeing as the light really began to close in. 47804 leads the train southwards past a new location for me - http://www.ferret.fotopic.net/p63790321.html
And that was that for me!
After my rant earlier this week about DB Stinker failing to get a run round done in time, I thought I'd try and get that Saltley Viaduct shot done again. 4M11 was booked to be running round (thus blocking this shot) but the inbound working was late in so for once, DB Stinker's ineptitude worked in my favour. As did a fortunate break in the clouds when 67005 approached - http://www.ferret.fotopic.net/p63790744.html
Went up to the Washwood Heath bridge to attempt to wag a Ryanair 737 inbound Brum but they'd switched runways just as the offending aircraft was over Wallasey (cheers then!) so I settled for second prize - 70003 on 4Z70 which alas was on the Down Goods. http://www.ferret.fotopic.net/p63790317.html
Over to Whittington for some 47s on an ECS move. Got half way down the field and watched 66412 sail by, though 90044 with 4L75 was not far behind. http://www.ferret.fotopic.net/p63790318.html
Followed by 66570 on 4O27 - http://www.ferret.fotopic.net/p63790319.html
And as the cloud really started to obscure the sun, 31601 passed working 4Q68 Derby RTC-Euston BOR - http://www.ferret.fotopic.net/p63790320.html
At this point, I decided I'd go and get some food - of course, inevitably there would be a 67 dragging two barrier vehicles southwards passing Atherstone just as I parked up in the Co Op car park. Fail!
It got worse when I pulled up at the footbridge just south of Atherstone at the same time as 66612 passed heading south on a Crewe-Mountsorrel engineers. The WCRC move was 80 late courtesy of a problem at Preston, which was a pity seeing as the light really began to close in. 47804 leads the train southwards past a new location for me - http://www.ferret.fotopic.net/p63790321.html
And that was that for me!
