• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A little East Coast game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

43106

Member
Joined
6 Jul 2008
Messages
384
Location
South-ish Edinburgh
I think Vic Reeves (nee Jim Moir) is an occasional user of the East Coast Main Line. I remember back in 2002 or 2003 I was on an Edinburgh - London service on a Sunday, and he wandered up to the A-coach for (I assume) a fag, then wandered back 10 mins later. I THINK he now lives in Kent.
 

gordonthemoron

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2006
Messages
6,727
Location
Milton Keynes
Vic, Bob and the actor who played Brian Tilsley in Corrie all used to live in Darlo, as did I
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Darlington station at the end, from the south. Some continuity errors perhaps?
 

Welshman

Established Member
Joined
11 Mar 2010
Messages
3,068
No idea about the street view and the general country views, but isn't the last viaduct Welwyn Viaduct?
 

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Joined
21 Dec 2007
Messages
7,387
Location
Newcastle (unless I'm out)
. . . . isn't the last viaduct Welwyn Viaduct?
Is it? I'm really not sure, but I don't recall seeing that sports field under the Wewyn viaduct. I was thinking it might have been the Wear viaduct but I don't recall seeing a sports field there either! Just agricultural fields. I don't know.
The street view at 1min 03sec is possibly terraces in Gateshead.
I guess the curve at 0min 48sec is near Tursdale in County Durham.

There's an ironic twist to the ad's direction. The man wearing spectacles who is being drawn on the clip-board pad appears also to be drawing on his own pad.
 

Spaceflower

Established Member
Joined
13 Jul 2007
Messages
1,506
The curve at 48 secs I don't think is Tursdale, having cycled there alot, though I could be wrong.
However I am definitely sure the viaduct is not Burngill (Wear viaduct) as I fish under it alot and there is no sports field there.
Thinking the same for the street view being Gateshead though.
 

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Oct 2010
Messages
32,939
Location
Fenny Stratford
1.02 look like Low Fell in Gateshead ( cant recall the street - used to have distant relatives round there!)

1.10 looks like Digswell Viaduct

I dont think it is Darlo right at the very end - in fact i think it is Kings Cross!

48 seconds - somewhere near Hadley Wood?
 

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Oct 2010
Messages
32,939
Location
Fenny Stratford
it isnt - the clocks are wrong and the station furniture is wrong. Right at the end when he is walking down the platform @ 1.35 - if it is Darlo he is going the wrong way to get out!
 

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
31,113
Location
Redcar
Yeah I agree with DarloRich those last few seconds are definitely not Darlington.
 

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Oct 2010
Messages
32,939
Location
Fenny Stratford
Do you think it is Kings Cross? I cant think of anywhere else with a roof and the electrication poles on the platform in a square format! ( really have spent to much time going up and down the ECML!)
 

flymo

Established Member
Joined
22 May 2007
Messages
1,553
Location
Geordie back from exile.
I think there is a little confusion about the end of the video, some bits are Darlington, some bits are not.

1:31 - 1:33 the train is most certainly pulling into Darlington station P4 from the south. You can even see the wires on the main line passing the station.

1:33 to 1:35 the station sign says Darlington so I am pretty sure that is Darlington.

The very last seconds 1:35 - 1:36 doesn't look like Darlington to me, not exactly sure where that is.

That's my take on it anyway. :D
 
Last edited:

Spaceflower

Established Member
Joined
13 Jul 2007
Messages
1,506
I think there is a little confusion about the end of the video, some bits are Darlington, some bits are not.

1:31 - 1:33 the train is most certainly pulling into Darlington station P4 from the south. You can even see the wires on the main line passing the station.

1:33 to 1:35 the station sign says Darlington so I am pretty sure that is Darlington.

The very last seconds 1:35 - 1:36 doesn't look like Darlington to me, not exactly sure where that is.

That's my take on it anyway. :D

Totally agree with the above. I'd definitely go with Kings Cross for the last one. Certainly couldn't be many other places.
 
Joined
19 May 2011
Messages
11
Location
Darlington
I'd third the comment about the last minutes of the video NOT being Darlington. For a start it's too busy!

I do like the bit at 1.32 coming into Darlo though, because you can see the brick building that's Matalan and over the road from there is my house.:D
 

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Oct 2010
Messages
32,939
Location
Fenny Stratford
I'd third the comment about the last minutes of the video NOT being Darlington. For a start it's too busy!

I do like the bit at 1.32 coming into Darlo though, because you can see the brick building that's Matalan and over the road from there is my house.:D

I used to live round the corner! Small world!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top