Odd that. I thought it was mandatory for mods to have theirs removed.
I did, but I had it put back privately, don't tell anyone
I find it quite surprising that people are calling him pathetic and questioning his use of time considering we are all posting on a forum dedicated to railway matters.
Is it more acceptable for me to post a trip report from a days spotting in the rain than it is for a little bit of light-hearted humour?
After looking at the pictures and reading why he does it, I say the guy has got a great sense of humour and I for one found it amusing at least.
Evryone's sense of humour is different. My mother laughs hilariously at some things while I am stony faced, and then vice versa. There is no right or wrong!
As to the person doing the pictures, it isnt something I would do but each to their own, it is harmless and at least there is something to show for the time expended on it. At least it has more of a purpose than that bloke from Oxford? who kept writing emails to the FGW MD every time his train was delayed, the chances of those emails ever being read would be about zero.
I agree, it's harmless, and even though I don't find it funny and described it as pointless, if he gets some enjoyment from it that's fine. I have no wish to argue for him to be somehow prevented from this activity, it's just not something I would do.