• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A few questions about St Annes-on-sea

Status
Not open for further replies.

jednick

Member
Joined
1 Apr 2013
Messages
294
Location
Worcester
I'm getting the 04.52 service from St Annes-on-sea station to Preston on my way to Dumfries next Wednesday,

The first question is, why are the first 3 or 4 services of the day always run by replacement buses? This always seems to be the case, it's not engineering works as far as I can tell, it's a year-round thing.

Secondly, from where exactly outside St Annes station will the bus depart from, is it obvious where that will be?

Lastly, is there any way of checking live departure times for this bus, or does anyone know if it usually runs on time? (I have a 15 minute wait at Preston for my booked train to Carlisle, I'm scared I'll miss it).
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,979
Location
Airedale
Electrification work berween Kirkham and Preston.

St Annes only has one entrance, so there should be no problem finding the bus stop. There should be a poster at the station if the stop isnt in the car park.

Given that the bus is allowed 25 minutes from Kirkham I'd be extremely surprised if it arrived late at Preston, especially at that time of day!
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,463
Location
Yorkshire
(I have a 15 minute wait at Preston for my booked train to Carlisle, I'm scared I'll miss it).
I am struggling to see this itinerary.

The itinerary I get is:
0452 St Annes
0550 Preston

0640 Preston
0749 Carlisle

0815 Carlisle
0852 Dumfries
​
It would take a huge delay to miss the connection, so it would appear to be extremely unlikely. You'd get 100% of the cost of the ticket back in Delay Repay in that rather unlikely event.
 

jednick

Member
Joined
1 Apr 2013
Messages
294
Location
Worcester
Hi Yorkie, thanks, you're right. I have about 50 minutes wait at Preston, I just checked, and the itinerary you give is correct for my ticket. I booked it over a month ago and was going by memory.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top