NoOnesFool
Member
- Joined
- 26 Aug 2018
- Messages
- 602
With Heathrow being England's principal airport, it amazes me how little direct rail links there are, especially for outside London. Looking at Google Maps, it seems there is tracking from Heathrow to High Wycombe and beyond (with some reversing). It could technically be possible to run from Heathrow to High Wycombe, Birmingham New Street, Derby, Sheffield, Doncaster & York. This would reinforce the direct link from Birmingham to Doncaster and provide an enforced service from Birmingham to the north east, as well as providing all of these services with a link to Heathrow. I wonder if an open access operator would be interested in running something like this, perhaps with enhanced First Class and special through tickets for First Class plane passengers.
Do you travel to Heathrow from Birmingham or further north? I could see a niche being created for premium customers, especially those flying to America or Australia.
Do you travel to Heathrow from Birmingham or further north? I could see a niche being created for premium customers, especially those flying to America or Australia.