• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

92029 "Dante" - Stored in Crewe IEMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
10 Jan 2020
Messages
37
Location
York
Hi there all,

92029 "Dante", a Railfreight Grey class 92 with EWS "Big Beasties" on the side is in storage in Crewe for quite some time now.

It's recently moved into the shed and has had some new buffers fitted. (Gen sourced from a DB Cargo UK Driver)

Does anyone know the exact date (or to the nearest 6 months) when this locomotive was put into storage?

Thanks in advance.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Speed43125

Member
Joined
20 Jul 2019
Messages
1,172
Location
Dunblane
Some point between 10/2014 and 05/2015 is the closest I can give, I'm sure someone else will give a more concise answer though.
 
Joined
10 Jan 2020
Messages
37
Location
York
Some point between 10/2014 and 05/2015 is the closest I can give, I'm sure someone else will give a more concise answer though.
It's definitely after January 2015 as I saw it moving a Tesco modal then. But thanks, that helps narrow it down significantly.
 

DBS92042

Established Member
Joined
13 Apr 2019
Messages
1,803
It was stored in April 2015. It's been on the comeback for a couple of years now but other jobs have taken priority hence it's still yet to reappear. It's currently in road 4 of the shed at Crewe IEMD, hopefully getting ever closer to returning to traffic
 
Joined
10 Jan 2020
Messages
37
Location
York
It was stored in April 2015. It's been on the comeback for a couple of years now but other jobs have taken priority hence it's still yet to reappear. It's currently in road 4 of the shed at Crewe IEMD, hopefully getting ever closer to returning to traffic
Cheers for the date :)

I can guarantee it has new buffers and front piping fitted. This is for sure - surely this represents a return to service is not too far off?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top