• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

87002 to Edinburgh - Fri 10th September 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainbigun

Member
Joined
3 May 2009
Messages
977
Mmm, maybe I did have the timings although I don't think it was anything more than fag packet timings though. I don't recall, and can't find, an actual NR train plan.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
Mmm, maybe I did have the timings although I don't think it was anything more than fag packet timings though. I don't recall, and can't find, an actual NR train plan.

I'm pretty sure that 37113 is right and the tour was fully timed. I've not managed to find the full timings, but looking back in the archives of one gen list, I've found booked (rather than provisional) timings for all the pick up/set down points.
 

alex57601

Member
Joined
24 Feb 2008
Messages
269
That one wasn't a Northern Charters trip!

Aye, it was Flamboyant Trains. Northern Charters were supposedly proposing taking 4x20s to Skegness.

It was never going to come off because the route it would have taken (Bootle-Aintree) is disused and the excursion platforms at Aintree are overgrown, cut off from the rest of the station and generally in poor condition. And unless it ran on a Sunday, it would never have had sufficient time in Aintree before heading back in order to get out of the way of Merseyrail (15 minute frequency on that route).
 

Andy

Member
Joined
8 Sep 2005
Messages
488
Not a scam as such, but let's say they were overambitious with their plans (such as 4x20s to Skegness) and other rumblings that went on which isn't for me to say.

Just like many are... Its a shame, but must of the time, its the truth, they plan something that they would like, i.e route and loco, but don't think of the technicalities. I think TheBlackWatch know what i mean, with the conversation last Tuesday over a Kettle :D.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top