• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

73s in North Lincolnshire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frodingham

Member
Joined
8 Jan 2022
Messages
26
Location
N Lincs
Evening all,

Hope I have put this in the right place - I'm new here.
This week has seen a couple of visits by a 73 to Barnetby: one was a working from Doncaster via Scunny and the other trip went via Brigg. I think they were route learning trips but I'm wondering why use a 73 when the majority of services are 66/60 hauled?

Can anyone help?
Thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

4F89

Member
Joined
17 Aug 2018
Messages
862
Evening all,

Hope I have put this in the right place - I'm new here.
This week has seen a couple of visits by a 73 to Barnetby: one was a working from Doncaster via Scunny and the other trip went via Brigg. I think they were route learning trips but I'm wondering why use a 73 when the majority of services are 66/60 hauled?

Can anyone help?
Thanks
Because the 60/66's are busy pulling stuff?
 

fgwrich

Established Member
Joined
15 Apr 2009
Messages
10,654
Location
Hampshire
Which 73 was it? It could be route learning for further further GBRf Traffic or training new staff, or could be route learning for the NR Test train jobs.
 

Frodingham

Member
Joined
8 Jan 2022
Messages
26
Location
N Lincs
73951 worked Donny West Yard to Barnetby on 4-1, I assume it was the same one that worked via Brigg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top