Broken Viking
On Moderation
Hail all! 
Just a quick question and a double-check to make sure that I havn't been seeing/imagining things today...But I just crossed the footbridge east of Farnborough Main, and whilst I was doing so I was very surprised to see 73201 "Broadlands" and a rake of four or five Virgin liveried Mk. IIIs approach on the up slow and pass right beneath me!
hock:
From what I understand, it's very rare for railtours to pass along the BSML especially on weekdays...And to be honest, I'm still not 100% sure if I had actually seen a railtour passing by, if I had been thrown back in time momentarily to when the SR still used electric locos, or if the whole thing might've been some very unusual and vivid hallucination! :eek:
I did wave a friendly "hello" to the driver and he tooted me back...But even with that, I can't quite grasp the reality of seeing a railtour on such a rare line, especially on the busiest traffic day of the week!
hock:
Aye...Incidentally, the movement through Farnborough and onwards was very slow (About 15-20mph or so) by normal operating standards. Would anyone know why this might be? I would've got photo/video if I could've...But sadly I'd left my mobile at home and thus didn't have anything on me with which to do so.
ad:
Anyhow...If anyone can set me straight on this and tell me if I did actually see what I thought I saw, then I'd be greatful!
>> Death <<
Just a quick question and a double-check to make sure that I havn't been seeing/imagining things today...But I just crossed the footbridge east of Farnborough Main, and whilst I was doing so I was very surprised to see 73201 "Broadlands" and a rake of four or five Virgin liveried Mk. IIIs approach on the up slow and pass right beneath me!
From what I understand, it's very rare for railtours to pass along the BSML especially on weekdays...And to be honest, I'm still not 100% sure if I had actually seen a railtour passing by, if I had been thrown back in time momentarily to when the SR still used electric locos, or if the whole thing might've been some very unusual and vivid hallucination! :eek:
I did wave a friendly "hello" to the driver and he tooted me back...But even with that, I can't quite grasp the reality of seeing a railtour on such a rare line, especially on the busiest traffic day of the week!
Aye...Incidentally, the movement through Farnborough and onwards was very slow (About 15-20mph or so) by normal operating standards. Would anyone know why this might be? I would've got photo/video if I could've...But sadly I'd left my mobile at home and thus didn't have anything on me with which to do so.
Anyhow...If anyone can set me straight on this and tell me if I did actually see what I thought I saw, then I'd be greatful!
>> Death <<