Well, I'm back in the game after 10 days in the US hunting planes - I thought Florida was supposed to be hot!
Anyway, I woke up to clear skies this morning and with the snow still on the ground, thought it would be a great day for photography! Well, it wasn't bad, but the clouds soon rolled in!
70003 was first, fotted at the old Sutton Park station in a lengthy sunny period - http://www.ferret.fotopic.net/p63379720.html
The temptation to get 60054 in Petroleum colours on an oil train was too much to resist. Off to Barrow Upon Trent in sunshine all the way. Steps out of car and the cloud rolls in!!! Doh! Still, without a caption, could you pick a year for this fot? http://www.ferret.fotopic.net/p63379721.html
Next on the agenda was 6M56 which was formed of 37601, 37611 and one flask. Headed for Ryecroft and hoped for the best - cloud cloud and more cloud but as the points changed to allow them off the Sutton Park line, the sun appeared - for all of two minutes but that was more than enough to record this - http://www.ferret.fotopic.net/p63379722.html
Happily that means I've never got to do that shot ever again - Ryecroft is in an area of Walsall called 'The Butts' and believe me they couldn't have thought of a more appropriate name! Not a place I'd like to visit alone!
Anyway, I woke up to clear skies this morning and with the snow still on the ground, thought it would be a great day for photography! Well, it wasn't bad, but the clouds soon rolled in!
70003 was first, fotted at the old Sutton Park station in a lengthy sunny period - http://www.ferret.fotopic.net/p63379720.html
The temptation to get 60054 in Petroleum colours on an oil train was too much to resist. Off to Barrow Upon Trent in sunshine all the way. Steps out of car and the cloud rolls in!!! Doh! Still, without a caption, could you pick a year for this fot? http://www.ferret.fotopic.net/p63379721.html
Next on the agenda was 6M56 which was formed of 37601, 37611 and one flask. Headed for Ryecroft and hoped for the best - cloud cloud and more cloud but as the points changed to allow them off the Sutton Park line, the sun appeared - for all of two minutes but that was more than enough to record this - http://www.ferret.fotopic.net/p63379722.html
Happily that means I've never got to do that shot ever again - Ryecroft is in an area of Walsall called 'The Butts' and believe me they couldn't have thought of a more appropriate name! Not a place I'd like to visit alone!