• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

6Y53 Northampton - Crewe. What was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whhistle

Established Member
Joined
30 Dec 2010
Messages
2,636
Can anyone tell me more about this:

6Y53 - 09/01/2012
TRUST: 706Y531F09

Code:
NTHPTNREC          09:51
LNGBUCKBY          10:01
HILMORTNJ          10:11
RUGBY              10:13
RUGBY TVJ          10:16
BRINKLOW           10:22
ATTLBROSJ          10:30
NUNEATON           10:34
AMINGTONJ          10:50
LICHFLDNJ          11:00 
RUGELYNJN          11:08 
RUGELYNJN          11:08 
COLWICH            11:13 
MILFORD&B          11:15 
STAFF TVJ          11:19 
STAFFORD           11:20 
NORTONBGE          11:26 
MADELEY            11:37 
CREWEBHJN          11:44 
CREWE              11:47
CREWEIEMD          12:01

What is/was it?

Thanks
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dreadnought

Member
Joined
1 Oct 2007
Messages
586
IIRC 6Y53 is the headcode normally used for the electrification train. This was parked at Northampton opposite Kings Heath depot on Saturday when I was passing through.
 

trainplan1

Member
Joined
6 Dec 2010
Messages
115
IIRC 6Y53 is the headcode normally used for the electrification train. This was parked at Northampton opposite Kings Heath depot on Saturday when I was passing through.

When I last dealt with 6Y53 it was by Colas Rail, working to Shoeburyness for rewiring. Usually formed of various lengths of MPV.

Can be a bit confusing as headcodes 6Y50/1/2/4 are all used for the HOBC and it's support trains.
 

whhistle

Established Member
Joined
30 Dec 2010
Messages
2,636
Thanks very much :)
I should have known it was a maintenance train, but I guess I have never really seen one going that way before.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top