• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

66731s new look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Veteran Member
Joined
4 Mar 2010
Messages
11,579
Location
Macclesfield
I like that a lot. It's good to see GBRf back to the orange and blue scheme, "Barbie Bus" colours never suited a 66. Excellent livery.

Have they also changed the headlight clusters?

I thought that 66728-732 were delivered with headlight clusters in that style.
 

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Joined
23 Jul 2010
Messages
9,673
like it alot... nice to see they will all be blue orange, wasnt a massive fan of other barbie livery
 

Skimble19

Established Member
Joined
12 Dec 2009
Messages
1,508
Location
London
Shame they have to have the yellow panel on the front, just looks a bit odd, like the NMT..
 

Oswyntail

Established Member
Joined
23 May 2009
Messages
4,183
Location
Yorkshire
I like the way they have incorporated the logo in the livery. But overall a tad garish, methinks.
 

ian959

Member
Joined
9 May 2009
Messages
483
Location
Perth, Western Australia
Shame they have to have the yellow panel on the front, just looks a bit odd, like the NMT..

+1 although I would go more for stupid looking rather than odd. I mean what is the point - isn't bright orange visible enough? Yes I know, stupid UK regs but this just highlights how stupid the regs are.
 

GB

Established Member
Joined
16 Nov 2008
Messages
6,564
Location
Somewhere
Once all the crap has attached itself to the front during the course of its duties the yellow will soon blend in, all GB 66's have the yellow strip and most of them you dont really notice it.

The 6640x 66's that GB have are also to get the new livery and will take the numbers 66732-66737.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
That should be 66733-66737
 

GearJammer

Member
Joined
12 Nov 2009
Messages
897
Location
On the Southern
I like that, i like it a lot!
Its a good simple livery thats been tweeked and now looks fresh and modern

Struggling to picture it on a 73 tho, lol
 

Goldfish62

Veteran Member
Joined
14 Feb 2010
Messages
13,227
I certainly read somewhere that if a loco / unit has the UIC headlight arrangement then a derogation may be issued to allow deletion of the yellow panel.
 

Hydro

Established Member
Joined
5 Mar 2007
Messages
2,204
There really should be some kind of derogation for allowing for the absence of yellow warning panels if the colours are as good as or better than the warning panel yellow colour. You wouldn't even be able to see any yellow against that orange once grimy, especially at distance.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top