BRX
Established Member
- Joined
- 20 Oct 2008
- Messages
- 4,550
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2rtOxY_QL0
60007 had brought the stock into the platform; a 47 was attached to the front and it took the train off to wherever it was going (King's Lynn I think). Shortly afterwards, the steamer backed out, off to a depot somewhere in North London reportedly.
A fellow watching this told me he reckoned this might be the first time a steam engine has backed out of King's cross since the end of regular steam... I have no idea if that is true but in any case it's a bit of an unusual move.
Also some photos:
60007 had brought the stock into the platform; a 47 was attached to the front and it took the train off to wherever it was going (King's Lynn I think). Shortly afterwards, the steamer backed out, off to a depot somewhere in North London reportedly.
A fellow watching this told me he reckoned this might be the first time a steam engine has backed out of King's cross since the end of regular steam... I have no idea if that is true but in any case it's a bit of an unusual move.
Also some photos:
