Techniquest
Veteran Member
So how does this extra fare work if I'm booking my ticket through a non-ScotRail app? I generally use GWR's app for all ticketing, as I'm building up my Nectar points happily that way. It will be interesting to see if I can still book a journey up the WHL, with a cycle space, without having to go through ScotRail specifically.
As for having to pay extra to have a seat in the 153, honestly I don't think that's a super bad thing. Obviously, I'd rather not pay a supplement to book a seat and a cycle space in the 153, however if that's how it has to be then so be it. £10 isn't the end of the world, and if it means I get to choose my seat as well as keep an eye on my beast then so be it. My bike isn't as valuable as a lot of bikes are, but she is my primary source of transportation and exercise. Without her, I'd not be able to go on my stress/anxiety-busting rides and that isn't a pleasant thought! So I'll pay the extra if needs be, just for that extra bit of peace of mind.
Not that I'll get a chance to do such a journey for a while anyway, and realistically it won't be until next year now, but that's not a bad thing as it gives me time to train the body ready for those big Scottish rides!
As for having to pay extra to have a seat in the 153, honestly I don't think that's a super bad thing. Obviously, I'd rather not pay a supplement to book a seat and a cycle space in the 153, however if that's how it has to be then so be it. £10 isn't the end of the world, and if it means I get to choose my seat as well as keep an eye on my beast then so be it. My bike isn't as valuable as a lot of bikes are, but she is my primary source of transportation and exercise. Without her, I'd not be able to go on my stress/anxiety-busting rides and that isn't a pleasant thought! So I'll pay the extra if needs be, just for that extra bit of peace of mind.
Not that I'll get a chance to do such a journey for a while anyway, and realistically it won't be until next year now, but that's not a bad thing as it gives me time to train the body ready for those big Scottish rides!