• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

5Q40 Eastleigh to Staines Up Loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Joined
11 Jun 2005
Messages
3,087
Location
Trowbridge
Please move if in wrong section, but I notice on Bank Holiday Monday 31st May at Eastleigh there is this 5Q40 Eastleigh to Staines via Bournemouth path in, with a 5Q41 return.

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:H12837/2021-05-31/detailed

I don't need running numbers, just wondering what train class this is, judging by stops I assume its some new stock on training runs or something?

Any help appreciated!

James.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ls2270

Established Member
Joined
24 Oct 2012
Messages
5,534
Location
Basingstoke
These 5Qxx pathways to and from Eastleigh Depot are Class 701 test trips, operated by GB Railfreight. It’s a bit of a lottery whether they run or not, though!
 

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Joined
11 Jun 2005
Messages
3,087
Location
Trowbridge
Thank you very much! I see now on RTT it's been on for a week and none have ran, so very unlikely to run tomorrow by the looks of it. I'll probably go to Eastleigh and have a look over the depot from the bridge spot and see what I can see there instead, thank you for your help!
 

Sonia Owen

New Member
Joined
10 Feb 2019
Messages
2
Thank you very much! I see now on RTT it's been on for a week and none have ran, so very unlikely to run tomorrow by the looks of it. I'll probably go to Eastleigh and have a look over the depot from the bridge spot and see what I can see there instead, thank you for your help!
Where is the bridge spot for the depot? I’ve looked on Google maps but could t see any vantage points.
 

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Joined
11 Jun 2005
Messages
3,087
Location
Trowbridge
Where is the bridge spot for the depot? I’ve looked on Google maps but could t see any vantage points.

Campbell Road, bridge over the mainline and on the corner through the fence you could see some stuff in the depot. Don't know what the view is like from there nowadays as its been a few years since I last went up there.
 

Sonia Owen

New Member
Joined
10 Feb 2019
Messages
2
Campbell Road, bridge over the mainline and on the corner through the fence you could see some stuff in the depot. Don't know what the view is like from there nowadays as its been a few years since I last went up there.
Thanks for this info. Not sure when I'll next get to that area but it's helpful to know to look out for when I do :)
 

D6975

Established Member
Joined
26 Nov 2009
Messages
3,053
Location
Bristol
Campbell Road, bridge over the mainline and on the corner through the fence you could see some stuff in the depot. Don't know what the view is like from there nowadays as its been a few years since I last went up there.
That's the works you're looking at from there (Arlington Rail Services), not the depot. The depot is pretty much unused nowadays, used mainly for storage.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top