• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

57010 & 37605/610 on flasks 08/04

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,840
Location
Nowhere Heath
Very nice shot, although I've no idea where that fantastic location is.

Is this the first day they've ran in the best part of a year?
 

Ferret

Established Member
Joined
22 Jan 2009
Messages
4,131
The Keyham definitely hasn't run for a while, though the Bridgwater has been a regular runner this year (back today after a 2 week break though).

As for the location, it's a level crossing between Ashchurch and Cheltenham. There's ample space for parking there too. Having eyed it up from passing trains whilst at work, and having seen a fot of a 47 there on Matt Wilson's site I must admit I've been meaning to do the shot for quite a while!!! Was great to get it done today, just a pity I couldn't have full sun for the 2 DRS workings but hey - can't win 'em all.
 

34067James

Member
Joined
5 Aug 2008
Messages
486
Location
Sittingbourne, Kent
Nice shots there again mark. Well I have not seen those flaks before that on 57010 they look bulleit proof:lol: I also notice that working only has one loco where others have two.

James
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,840
Location
Nowhere Heath
The Keyham definitely hasn't run for a while, though the Bridgwater has been a regular runner this year (back today after a 2 week break though).

As for the location, it's a level crossing between Ashchurch and Cheltenham. There's ample space for parking there too. Having eyed it up from passing trains whilst at work, and having seen a fot of a 47 there on Matt Wilson's site I must admit I've been meaning to do the shot for quite a while!!! Was great to get it done today, just a pity I couldn't have full sun for the 2 DRS workings but hey - can't win 'em all.

Ta, I shall have to investigate one day.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top