DEAN MURPHY
Member
- Joined
- 31 Aug 2011
- Messages
- 248
Anybody know the latest on this loco which is still dumped at Willesden sidings?
Many thanks
Dean
Many thanks
Dean
Anybody know the latest on this loco which is still dumped at Willesden sidings?
Many thanks
Dean
Thread reopened for @ExRes to update.![]()
Perfectly visible from WCML fasts. Still today where it has been at back of F Sdgs.Good news.
I’ve tried to spy it a few times on a passing train to no avail.
I’ve done it a few times, F Sdgs doesn’t mean a lot to me I’m afraidPerfectly visible from WCML fasts. Still today where it has been at back of F Sdgs.
On the downside, low level sidings just to south of South Circular. It’s on the furthest siding, easiest to view on an up train IMO as you can look towards it before the mound of earth gets in the way.I’ve done it a few times, F Sdgs doesn’t mean a lot to me I’m afraid
Anyone know when? Might be an interesting road movement to see.Reported on Class 56 Group facebook that 303 will be leaving Willesden by road transport tomorrow (Sunday) bound for Longport
Did the move happen?
Surely not a Class 69 conversion? (Sorry speculation)
Well behind I know, sorry - what’s the reason for two candidate locos being subbed for two others?From the latest WNXX update
"56303 has been secured for component recovery by GBRf in connection with 56009 & 56097 going into the conversion program in place of 56081 & 56098"
Since 081 and 098 are in full working order, GBRf has opted to retain them as Class 56s. To replace them in the Class 69 programme, GBRf acquired 009 and 097, which I understand are not in mainline running condition.Well behind I know, sorry - what’s the reason for two candidate locos being subbed for two others?
Because 081 and 098 are operational, and 097 and 009 are not. Why waste two good locos, when there's non operational ones to cannibalise?We
Well behind I know, sorry - what’s the reason for two candidate locos being subbed for two others?
Given its condition, I would be very surprised if 303 made a return beyond component recovery - I believe the damage extends beyond the cab to a bent chassis. 097 was sold minus various components which could be replaced, but with 2 operational 56s, why would GBRf want another?Since 081 and 098 are in full working order, GBRf has opted to retain them as Class 56s. To replace them in the Class 69 programme, GBRf acquired 009 and 097, which I understand are not in mainline running condition.
Not sure what the intention is for 303 beyond "component recovery"; my ear isn't close enough to the ground.
I agree. I would say thatGiven its condition, I would be very surprised if 303 made a return beyond component recovery - I believe the damage extends beyond the cab to a bent chassis. 097 was sold minus various components which could be replaced, but with 2 operational 56s, why would GBRf want another?