• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

55022 to haul Cargo-D charter on August 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Honey

New Member
Joined
27 Jun 2008
Messages
4
Hi all. We've booked 55022 to haul the Cargo-D 'Circular' charter on August 9th. We thought it would look good with the blue/grey MkIII set. We've also responded to demand for a first class only option, so these are now available for £59.

We also don't know of any Class 55 hauling MkIIIs before this? No doubt someone will know otherwise.

Thanks

Mark
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
Hi all. We've booked 55022 to haul the Cargo-D 'Circular' charter on August 9th. We thought it would look good with the blue/grey MkIII set. We've also responded to demand for a first class only option, so these are now available for £59.

We also don't know of any Class 55 hauling MkIIIs before this? No doubt someone will know otherwise.

Thanks

Mark

That news was even a surprise to me! To answer your query regarding Mk. 3 stock, there was a photo in Deltic Deadline some years ago of a Deltic at York and the first vehicle behind it was a Mk. 3 FO, I'm not sure if it was a passenger train though.
 

Meld

Member
Joined
27 Apr 2007
Messages
624
Location
Those that need to know - KNOW!!!
Interesting news, I didnt think that the ETH provision from a deltic was suitable for Mk3s. Was the ETH connected for the WHL jaunt in BR Days ????

If any one knows any different I'd like to know more
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
I'd completeley forgotten about the WHL trips with Mk. 3 stock which 21 did back in August 1981!
 

Mark Honey

New Member
Joined
27 Jun 2008
Messages
4
Apparently 55021 ran to Oban twice in 1981 with a MkIII push pull set I'm told. It was considered the only locomotive at the time with a low enough RA and fitted with ETH so I'm told. How the MkIIIs fared, I don't know.

We won't be taking the risk however with ours - there will be a ETS supply so 55022 doesn't have to provide.
 

Donny Dave

Established Member
Joined
9 Jul 2005
Messages
5,394
Location
Doncaster
I must admit, it's a very tempting tour. It would be nice to go over the pennines in something other than a 185.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top