• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

5 years for assessment passed a standard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
so for drivers if they pass the assessment (includes interview number 1) this is valid for 5 years so that if they then don't progress the job they go straight to the managers?

Or am I right other TOCs won't accepy any passes but there own?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Also regarding the mechanical test been advised TOCs use two types with one being much harder does the harder one make use of numbers (RPMs of pulleys, volumes etc) whereas the easier one is based on principle only ie only diagrams?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheVicLine

Member
Joined
21 Aug 2012
Messages
446
Location
Liverpool
so for drivers if they pass the assessment (includes interview number 1) this is valid for 5 years so that if they then don't progress the job they go straight to the managers?

Or am I right other TOCs won't accepy any passes but there own?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Also regarding the mechanical test been advised TOCs use two types with one being much harder does the harder one make use of numbers (RPMs of pulleys, volumes etc) whereas the easier one is based on principle only ie only diagrams?

I believe in theory the assessments are valid for 5 years but i have heard of some TOCs not accepting them after a year or two.

Most TOCs use the same test the OPC one. The TOC's do use different mechanical tests, who is your assessment with?
 

Beveridges

Established Member
Joined
8 Sep 2010
Messages
2,136
Location
BLACKPOOL
Some TOCs like Northern accept psychometric test passes. Other TOCs like First Trans Pennine Express make EVERY applicant (who reaches that stage) sit them regardless of how many times they've passed them, how recently they passed them, they even get qualified Drivers to resit them! It really is mad

If a TOC accepts the test pass then if you pass the application form stage then all you have to do the Driver Manager Interview, Medical, References and sign a Contract.


The harder Mechanical test (MT4.1) does not make any use of numbers, it is just that the questions are much more varied and harder, while the other test MT4.2 is easier as most of the questions are based on cogs and pulleys, and these sorts of questions are not hard to work out as you probably already know if you've seen some examples.
 

Lanc688

Member
Joined
20 May 2012
Messages
227
Location
Lincolnshire
Some TOCs like Northern accept psychometric test passes. Other TOCs like First Trans Pennine Express make EVERY applicant (who reaches that stage) sit them regardless of how many times they've passed them, how recently they passed them, they even get qualified Drivers to resit them! It really is mad

If a TOC accepts the test pass then if you pass the application form stage then all you have to do the Driver Manager Interview, Medical, References and sign a Contract.


The harder Mechanical test (MT4.1) does not make any use of numbers, it is just that the questions are much more varied and harder, while the other test MT4.2 is easier as most of the questions are based on cogs and pulleys, and these sorts of questions are not hard to work out as you probably already know if you've seen some examples.

Not true ref FTPE.....I only had to do reactions, in order to achieve a better pass.

Regards
Lanc
 

PeteH

Member
Joined
6 Nov 2012
Messages
112
Not true ref FTPE.....I only had to do reactions, in order to achieve a better pass.

Regards
Lanc

Quoted for truth. I got sent home from Padders as I'd passed the tests earlier.

Quite why I got invited down there is anyone's guess, but delighted to make it through to the next round.
 

Geeves

Established Member
Joined
6 Jan 2009
Messages
2,639
Location
Rochdale
As mentioned above to transfer from Northern to TPE as a qualified driver required passing the concentration test again but not the full works.
 

Vicpaul

Member
Joined
22 Oct 2012
Messages
429
Location
Bletchley
Varies from TOCs. I passed with southern and had outstanding apps with FTP and FGW, I contacted HR as I didn't know where I stood and was told I would not need to do the tests.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top