JonathonAG
Member
- Joined
- 4 Jul 2005
- Messages
- 91
Hey,
Friday night I was out at Manuel Junction, waiting to see the engine movement from ELR Castleton - Carnforth - Bo'ness which involved Deltic No. 55022 "Royal Scots Grey" hauling D5010, 37175, D8020 and 40145 "East Lancashire Railway". This was in preperation for the Bo'ness diesel gala next weekend, but also a stabling move for the Class 40 which worked and SRPS Railtour from Linlithgow to Inverness, the return journey coming back via Aberdeen ( see seperate thread ). Anyway. When I first got out to Manuel, it was beautiful weather and lighting....especially in comparision to earlier in the day when it had been raining!!!! however, I arrived at Manuel and hour before scheduled time for the convoy arriving....so when they did arrive, abliet 10 minutes late, it was complete darkness!!!!! have to say, with doing all of this night photography this weekend, it has tought me a lot and I am very grateful for having a tripod. I am also very impressed with the Fuju Finepix S5600. It may not be as great as a Canon SLR or such, but it has won my heart this year. And I was very impressed at it's ability to find light and create great photos in the darkest of situations!!!!:
More photos can be found through this link : http://jonathonag.fotopic.net/c1374728.html
Please do comment. They may not be great ( and not as nearly as good as last night photos at Kirkcaldy with the Class 40 ), but it did help me to get a better understanding of my camera, it's capabilities and what settings to use when. If not for Friday, the good shots gained last night may never had happenned!
Thanks
Jonathon
Friday night I was out at Manuel Junction, waiting to see the engine movement from ELR Castleton - Carnforth - Bo'ness which involved Deltic No. 55022 "Royal Scots Grey" hauling D5010, 37175, D8020 and 40145 "East Lancashire Railway". This was in preperation for the Bo'ness diesel gala next weekend, but also a stabling move for the Class 40 which worked and SRPS Railtour from Linlithgow to Inverness, the return journey coming back via Aberdeen ( see seperate thread ). Anyway. When I first got out to Manuel, it was beautiful weather and lighting....especially in comparision to earlier in the day when it had been raining!!!! however, I arrived at Manuel and hour before scheduled time for the convoy arriving....so when they did arrive, abliet 10 minutes late, it was complete darkness!!!!! have to say, with doing all of this night photography this weekend, it has tought me a lot and I am very grateful for having a tripod. I am also very impressed with the Fuju Finepix S5600. It may not be as great as a Canon SLR or such, but it has won my heart this year. And I was very impressed at it's ability to find light and create great photos in the darkest of situations!!!!:
More photos can be found through this link : http://jonathonag.fotopic.net/c1374728.html
Please do comment. They may not be great ( and not as nearly as good as last night photos at Kirkcaldy with the Class 40 ), but it did help me to get a better understanding of my camera, it's capabilities and what settings to use when. If not for Friday, the good shots gained last night may never had happenned!
Thanks
Jonathon