• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

46115 massive slip on Shap on The WCME 22/2/14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgthompson

Member
Joined
15 Nov 2010
Messages
137
Location
Kendal
LMS 46115 Scots Guardsman takes charge of The Railway Touring Companies last Winter Cumbrian Mountain Express of 2014 from Carnforth over Shap to Carlisle and back to London Euston via the Settle and Carlisle line later the same afternoon.46115 is seen near Shap summit with a massive slip from 46115 happening right in front of me . I decided to let the cameras roll and stand back and watch and I am glad I did as I witnessed Gordon Hodgson and the crew fighting the slip in the cab .The return leg on the S&C sees 46115 at Cumwhinton and at a sunny Birkett common after the water stop at Appleby .

[youtube]xGb1RkJTrz8[/youtube]
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

981smithy

Member
Joined
25 Mar 2010
Messages
368
Location
Rossendale
No slips on Wilpshire Steve but a cracking performance by the Scot and crew.

[youtube]M5E8qPenlhE[/youtube]

Hope you enjoy.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top