• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

4 in 8 day North West Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fisherman80

Member
Joined
29 Apr 2018
Messages
223
Evening all,I was wanting a bit of advice regarding Northern Rail delay repay. I am using the last day of my 4 days and on each occasion I have had a journey that has been delayed over an hour.
Anyway,my question is this. Will I be able to claim free tickets for each journey I was delayed?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

philthetube

Established Member
Joined
5 Jan 2016
Messages
4,187
If you buy a four in eight, or similar, and know which dates you will be travelling, is it acceptable to fill all dates in before travelling?
 

Fisherman80

Member
Joined
29 Apr 2018
Messages
223
I would only fill the dates in on the day of travel. Its sods law that if you pre date the boxes something could go wrong on the date you have entered.
 

_toommm_

Established Member
Joined
8 Jul 2017
Messages
6,301
Location
South West London
If you buy a four in eight, or similar, and know which dates you will be travelling, is it acceptable to fill all dates in before travelling?

It is acceptable, although as Fisherman points out, it might not look good having to change a box if the network does pear shaped on a day you've filled out.

I tend not to also because it can make some guards hesitant when they're looking for today's date and only look at the one in the end box.
 

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,768
it might not look good having to change a box if the network does pear shaped on a day you've filled out.
Doesn’t look good? It invalidates that box, and potentially the remaining days of the ticket. Dates must never be altered!
 

mrcheek

Established Member
Joined
11 Sep 2007
Messages
1,607
If you buy a four in eight, or similar, and know which dates you will be travelling, is it acceptable to fill all dates in before travelling?

I usually fill in the date only when I am on the first train of that day. No point filling in the details before that.

not many people check the dates though. I recently did a Severn and Solent Rover, and it was only when I arrived back home on the last day that someone noticed that I had put down the wrong month for every single day....
 

dave87016

Established Member
Joined
9 Dec 2008
Messages
1,888
Location
Lancashire
How do these Flexi Rovers work with the new ticket stock ( airline style ones )

Or does anyone have a photo of the flexi rover on the new ticket stock I haven’t had a flexi Rover since the Wallet style tickets
 

221129

Established Member
Joined
21 Mar 2011
Messages
6,515
Location
Sunny Scotland
How do these Flexi Rovers work with the new ticket stock ( airline style ones )

Or does anyone have a photo of the flexi rover on the new ticket stock I haven’t had a flexi Rover since the Wallet style tickets
The same as before...
 

dave87016

Established Member
Joined
9 Dec 2008
Messages
1,888
Location
Lancashire
They come out attached, same as a normal CCST one when printed on board you would then either seperate or fold.

Thanks for clarifying mate , was going to get one before the first lockdown was wondering how they were printed out on the airline style tickets
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top