I'd agree with that, just lock all doors apart from those at the ends to keep the H&S Happy.
Brilliant idea, and when you need to evacuate the train because it is on fire? :roll:
I'd agree with that, just lock all doors apart from those at the ends to keep the H&S Happy.
He means the ends of each carriage, not the whole unit. It'd effectively be no different to the current use of Mk1 hauled stock on charters.455driver said:Brilliant idea, and when you need to evacuate the train because it is on fire?
He means the ends of each carriage, not the whole unit. It'd effectively be no different to the current use of Mk1 hauled stock on charters.
Indeed.
That said, I'm sure the centre doors on LU's wooden bodied stock aren't locked out of use, so I still don't entirely see why the health and safety brigade would insist on this for the VEP.
LUL's 4-TC is Mk. 1 based, and all doors are in use IIRC.
The wooden-bodied Jubilee coach, and the Bluebell's Chesham-set used last January, are non-gangwayed compartment stock, so all doors had to be in use.
Didn't they have a steward in each individual compartment on the Met carriage though? You'd need a lot of stewards to cover a VEP...