STEVIEBOY1
Established Member
- Joined
- 31 Jul 2010
- Messages
- 4,001
Thread split from http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=84653
Yes, I agree with this. I have been on both parts of the GCR and enjoyed it very much, I went on the gala weekend in October and it was a great day. In spite of a busy service and lots of people, everything seemed to run very well and all the trains I went on were on time. It was a very intensive service.
(When I went a few years ago, they had a 4 coach electric train from the southern region, that was hauled by a diesel loco, do they still have that unit?)
Looking forward to travelling on the joined up GCR and perhaps the little branch to Mount Sorrel too, (the transport centre at Ruddington is very interesting too.)
Having volunteered on both halves of the railway, I can say that this is the biggest news I can imagine. Well done to all concerned, THANK YOU to all who have donated and Good Luck going Forward .
The fund now stands at £1/3 million and rising. My membership of both North & South has been renewed together with my first bridge fund donation.
Regarding a previous comment regarding Ruddington, in the short term this could easily be rectified by a 'Station Pilot' leading the train from Ruddington Junction into the site. The locos would then change ends, the train returns to Ruddington Junction, Station Pilot disconnects and the train proceeds Southwards with the locomotive at the correct end for the rest of the line.
Ideally the southern chord would be the best option as it allows direct access to the site plus the opportunity to turn locos & stock.
Yes, I agree with this. I have been on both parts of the GCR and enjoyed it very much, I went on the gala weekend in October and it was a great day. In spite of a busy service and lots of people, everything seemed to run very well and all the trains I went on were on time. It was a very intensive service.
(When I went a few years ago, they had a 4 coach electric train from the southern region, that was hauled by a diesel loco, do they still have that unit?)
Looking forward to travelling on the joined up GCR and perhaps the little branch to Mount Sorrel too, (the transport centre at Ruddington is very interesting too.)
