• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

3Z15 Truro Yard-Truro Yard going into Moorswater

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainClips

Member
Joined
26 Jan 2021
Messages
25
Location
Wigan-ish
Hi all,

I'm wondering about 3Z15 last night. In it's path included Moorswater Sidings, the first time I've seen anything booked into there since the Colas flows stopped running. On RTT it appears to have skipped the Looe branch entirely, but at the same time kept to the booked times for passing Liskeard. Just wondering if anyone could shed a light on wether it did actually venture into Moorswater.

Ordinarily I would just say it was skipped and move on, however I visited Coombe Junction a few days back a noticed that the STOP board (the type normally used for possessions and mothballed track) in the 4-foot just after Coombe platform had been removed and the vegetation cut back. Could just be a coincidence but thought I'd check with people who are most likely more in-the-know (not from 300 miles away).

Any help will be appreciated,
Cheers

Link for ease of access: https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:U49584/2025-05-29/detailed
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Amlag

Member
Joined
8 Jul 2018
Messages
312
Looking at the actual times from and on return to Liskeard I suspect the MPV weedkiller special
did cover the Moorswater and Looe Bchs ( also the one clay train a week Parkandillack bch)

How effective the weed killer will have been is another matter. Ideally it should be done in April before weeds etc get established. The lines in the South West are in a particularly vegetated/ weed infested state giving a poor impression of a well managed and maintained railway and also does nothing to boost the morale of rail staff.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top