89-763-733
Member
- Joined
- 2 Jul 2011
- Messages
- 285
According to
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&source=www.google.co.uk
it was an ED loco at the time. (Transferred from TE 13.05.84) The same page says it only got dual brake fitted when it became 508
The dual brake was indeed fitted and it became a Class 37/5 engine 37508 in May 1986. It stayed as this for 10 years, then was again reclassified to Class 37/6 with the number 37606 in July 1996.
I understand that in the 1980s and 90s the Open University offered a 3 year degree course in class 37 renumbering.
that's one of the easy ones. For the really advanced level, how about the ones that were numbered backwards from 37699 at the same time as others were being turned out from 37501 up.
I believe that was the Masters degree.
What did you have to do for the doctorate?
I believe that was the Masters degree.
I understand that in the 1980s and 90s the Open University offered a 3 year degree course in class 37 renumbering.
If you think the 37s were bad, try keeping track of Union Pacific's ongoing renumbering which started in 1997 and is still not finished! They keep allocating new number groups to series of locos already partially renumbered and also have a habit of renumbering a loco with the WRONG number, sometimes in a completely different class :mad::mad::mad::mad: