Western Venturer
Member
33025 and 33029 were used on two charters in my local area so with the nice weather I went out to film the trains.
The first charter used the 33s from Burton on Trent to Weymouth with the Dorset Coast Express. The train is seen soon after leaving Swindon aaaaat Stratton Green Overbridge on the Great Western main Line.For the return I went to Gants Mill near Bruton but misjudged where the sun would be so I spoilt the shot by filming into the sun.
The seecond charter was worked by 33025 and 33029 because of the very dry weather and high fire risk if the booked steam locomotive had been used. The cromptons stood in for 45596 Bahamas on the West Somerset Steam Express and are seen passing Bruton on the outward leg to Minehead.
The first charter used the 33s from Burton on Trent to Weymouth with the Dorset Coast Express. The train is seen soon after leaving Swindon aaaaat Stratton Green Overbridge on the Great Western main Line.For the return I went to Gants Mill near Bruton but misjudged where the sun would be so I spoilt the shot by filming into the sun.
The seecond charter was worked by 33025 and 33029 because of the very dry weather and high fire risk if the booked steam locomotive had been used. The cromptons stood in for 45596 Bahamas on the West Somerset Steam Express and are seen passing Bruton on the outward leg to Minehead.