• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

323 West Mids cascade to Northern - delayed again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandub

Member
Joined
4 Mar 2013
Messages
203
Not until Dec 24 now...... Which likely means 2025 at some point.
Dunno what contingency Northern will come up with.
319's forever
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Whistler40145

Established Member
Joined
30 Apr 2010
Messages
6,149
Location
Lancashire
I've read that the 730/0s for the Cross City services are due to enter service at the end of 2022/early 2023
 

skyhigh

Established Member
Joined
14 Sep 2014
Messages
6,892
how do you know this??
It is true. Seeing as this has been moved to the speculative area - personally I don't think the transfer is likely to go ahead (and I've heard the similar opinion from senior management)
 

D365

Veteran Member
Joined
29 Jun 2012
Messages
13,195
It is true. Seeing as this has been moved to the speculative area - personally I don't think the transfer is likely to go ahead (and I've heard the similar opinion from senior management)
Why? The 730s are just stuck in a late-running Aventra queue.
 

Energy

Established Member
Joined
29 Dec 2018
Messages
5,135
Why? The 730s are just stuck in a late-running Aventra queue.
The 318s aren't doing great at Northern, by having the same ROSCO it'll be a lot easer to swap 319s to 323s than to completely cancel the lease for 331s.
 

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
23,389
The 318s aren't doing great at Northern, by having the same ROSCO it'll be a lot easer to swap 319s to 323s than to completely cancel the lease for 331s.
Who is expecting the lease to be cancelled for 331s? 323s have always been a 319 replacement since the announcement was made.
 

Energy

Established Member
Joined
29 Dec 2018
Messages
5,135
Who is expecting the lease to be cancelled for 331s? 323s have always been a 319 replacement since the announcement was made.
I'm aware, someone above was saying that it might not go ahead, which I doubt.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top