• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

3000 applicants so far for TPE trainee dvr jobs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheVicLine

Member
Joined
21 Aug 2012
Messages
446
Location
Liverpool
There are a few positions to come for the new lime street depot. First hand from a DOM at Manchester picc

Didn't know there was a depot there other than the Alstom/Virgin depot at Edge Hill.

Is there a new depot being built at Lime Street?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Vicpaul

Member
Joined
22 Oct 2012
Messages
429
Location
Bletchley
Providing ive taken the TPE abbreviation as Trans Pennine Express, yes.

Pretty sure the advert stated three depots, Sheffield - Man Picc - Lime Street.

But more to the point while I was training for scot rail I got to know a DLM and CDM at manchester piccadilly quite well and they informed me of a brand new depot at lime street. (im from london but partner at the time was in liverpool) It was them that gave me the heads up for the TPE vacnacies but I opted out and went for southern
 

Lanc688

Member
Joined
20 May 2012
Messages
227
Location
Lincolnshire
Has anyone else heard about medicals yet? :|

Nope....not a jot :roll:

I have to imagine that at this juncture....more guys are being interviewed and with TPE keeping their cards very close to their chests indeed, that once they have all of those that they consider to be 'viable' prospects through, then they will get in contact with the results.

To be honest, I'm not expecting to hear until next week ! I would be well happy with a " you're in the pool for the next vacancies in June", but am not naive enough to think that my first attempt will be a 'walk in the park'.

Fingers crossed, I await in anticpation !

Lanc
 

TheVicLine

Member
Joined
21 Aug 2012
Messages
446
Location
Liverpool
Nope....not a jot :roll:

I have to imagine that at this juncture....more guys are being interviewed and with TPE keeping their cards very close to their chests indeed, that once they have all of those that they consider to be 'viable' prospects through, then they will get in contact with the results.

To be honest, I'm not expecting to hear until next week ! I would be well happy with a " you're in the pool for the next vacancies in June", but am not naive enough to think that my first attempt will be a 'walk in the park'.

Fingers crossed, I await in anticpation !

Lanc

I know they were interviewing internals last week but it just seems a long drawn out process. My first attempt too so wasn't sure what to expect and it looks like that due to the ammount of applicants that they can take their time and pick and choose which is a bit frustrating for all those who apply.

Good luck Lanc, let me know how you get on.
 

graycam25

Member
Joined
29 Aug 2010
Messages
61
hi guys.. im an internal and my interview isnt while next week and i do know that there are quite a few for next week with myself.

if it helps any
 

TheVicLine

Member
Joined
21 Aug 2012
Messages
446
Location
Liverpool
hi guys.. im an internal and my interview isnt while next week and i do know that there are quite a few for next week with myself.

if it helps any

No! Don't say that, i've got a medical next week and thought the job was in the bag lol :D.
Waiting game again then I guess?
 

graycam25

Member
Joined
29 Aug 2010
Messages
61
had my final interview today... eeek... thought it went ok but we will have to wait and see...
 

Lanc688

Member
Joined
20 May 2012
Messages
227
Location
Lincolnshire
had my final interview today... eeek... thought it went ok but we will have to wait and see...

Hi mate...I know the feeling !....Any gen from HR ref numbers, progress, how many left to interview etc?

Did they intimate when you may hear at all? Also, which depot are you applying for?

As you can probably guess...still waiting :roll:

Regards
Lanc
 
Last edited:

graycam25

Member
Joined
29 Aug 2010
Messages
61
hi lanc... no numbers in regards to how many already had an interview but it all ends this week... 2 left today to interview and then its job done.... as of next week they will let people know etc.

no specific numbers on jobs etc... but stated there are position(s) available at york/hull/sheffield/man picc/lime street.

positions starts jan 7th aswell

hope it helps mate

i stated to them sheffield/hull or york ideally... but said i was open to whatever if it comes to it.

which did you apply for?
 

Lanc688

Member
Joined
20 May 2012
Messages
227
Location
Lincolnshire
hi lanc... no numbers in regards to how many already had an interview but it all ends this week... 2 left today to interview and then its job done.... as of next week they will let people know etc.

no specific numbers on jobs etc... but stated there are position(s) available at york/hull/sheffield/man picc/lime street.

positions starts jan 7th aswell

hope it helps mate

i stated to them sheffield/hull or york ideally... but said i was open to whatever if it comes to it.

which did you apply for?

Greycam,

Thanks for the info mate. I would happily take any of the Depots as I just want to work for TPE.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything....good or bad.

Laters
Lanc
 

kayla101

Member
Joined
22 Aug 2012
Messages
32
anyone else finally found out why they didn't get through the assessments?

I just got an email... i got a borderline pass on group bourdon....!
 

Neil73

Member
Joined
12 Jul 2012
Messages
141
Location
Chorley
anyone else finally found out why they didn't get through the assessments?

I just got an email... i got a borderline pass on group bourdon....!

Sorry to hear the tough news regarding the borderline pass, did you know what score you got? I'm practicing the on-line tests every now and again and not too sure what the benchmark is for passes. Hope you dont mind me asking? ;)
 

TheVicLine

Member
Joined
21 Aug 2012
Messages
446
Location
Liverpool
Right on the train to Liverpool today and ready for the Medical in Manchester tommorrow.

Still waiting for it all to go wrong though :)...
 

kayla101

Member
Joined
22 Aug 2012
Messages
32
Sorry to hear the tough news regarding the borderline pass, did you know what score you got? I'm practicing the on-line tests every now and again and not too sure what the benchmark is for passes. Hope you dont mind me asking? ;)

That info isn't available to anyone, no one knows the scoring system.

Just been given a promotion at my current work with accommodation thrown in, so least I had a bit of light at the end of the tunnel!! Would love to be a driver but it's so competitive.....
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Right on the train to Liverpool today and ready for the Medical in Manchester tommorrow.

Still waiting for it all to go wrong though :)...

Good luck for your final hurdle!!
 

TheVicLine

Member
Joined
21 Aug 2012
Messages
446
Location
Liverpool
Medical out the way and passed today.

A bit of info for everyone, there were 5 people taking medicals today, (I asked the BUPA receptionist), so potentialy another 5-15 positions although I don't know if there were more scheduled for next week as they wouldn't tell me.

Good luck all.
 

Eduardo

Member
Joined
7 Jun 2011
Messages
83
Nice one mate. Almost home now. :D

Fingers crossed for Lanc. Wonder if he's heard something. ;)
 

dugster70

Member
Joined
27 Mar 2012
Messages
85
Nope....not a jot :roll:

I have to imagine that at this juncture....more guys are being interviewed and with TPE keeping their cards very close to their chests indeed, that once they have all of those that they consider to be 'viable' prospects through, then they will get in contact with the results.

To be honest, I'm not expecting to hear until next week ! I would be well happy with a " you're in the pool for the next vacancies in June", but am not naive enough to think that my first attempt will be a 'walk in the park'.

Fingers crossed, I await in anticpation !

Lanc

Hi Lanc,

I respect all your trying to acheive with TPE, however if the worst comes to the worst and things don't work out for you then I would suggest applying for driver posts at Northern, they advertise more often than other TOC's and there's a good chance there may be a merger with TPE anyway (cat amongst the pigeons!) With the skills you posess it wouldn't do you any harm
 

Lanc688

Member
Joined
20 May 2012
Messages
227
Location
Lincolnshire
Hi Lanc,

I respect all your trying to acheive with TPE, however if the worst comes to the worst and things don't work out for you then I would suggest applying for driver posts at Northern, they advertise more often than other TOC's and there's a good chance there may be a merger with TPE anyway (cat amongst the pigeons!) With the skills you posess it wouldn't do you any harm

Cheers for those wise words.

I haven't heard back from TPE as of yet. I have 'steeled' myself for a rejection for at least the January starts and I suppose at this point can only hope that I may be considered for later vacancies.

Don't worry, this is my first shot and although some guys do achieve a 'hit' on their first shot I know, I am absolutely thrilled that I have managed to get to the point that I have and will certainly use the experience I have gained.:D

I note your point ref Northern vacancies...thanks ;)

I am fortunate enough to have time on my side, given my present contract runs out in 2027 (hopefully won't take that long tho) and will certainly keep trying....some good advice on this board and some great 'like-minded' characters, so you won't be getting rid of me yet.;)

As I mentioned before, don't think I did myself too much justice at the interview, however I have enrolled myself on an interview workshop through my employer, this really is where I need to improve my performance and get some advice from those in the know.

Not sure about 'MancTrain', I'm sure he'll let us know soon how he's getting on.

Hopefully hear next week at least with feedback if required.

Lanc

PS....cheers Eduardo....how you doing at mo ?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
:D

Quite surprised to be honest !

I've been offered one of the positions (provisionally pending med of course)and to start 04 Feb 13.....not Jan...it seems there was a slight delay.

I did ask HR for feedback and they were certainly keen to give it. I was entirely right about the fact that I came across a little 'self assured', however it seems the other parts of the interview managed to offset this mild character trait.

I took the polite rollicking and possibly the most eloquently put warning I have ever had and assured the lovely HR lady that I would remember that I was happy to remind myself, that I was entering an industry where i am in effect 'starting again' with little or no experience of the industry.

To be honest, although dragging out a bit towards the end, I actually found the HR team massively professional to the end (of course I may now be biased) and felt it put my own outfit to shame in some respects.

I am ecstatic and look fwd to (hopefully) getting through the med with no snags.

Vic....HR are going to get back to me ref training venue, but I belive you had indicated LLS, is that right ? Just wondered !

Best of luck to the others, especially you Manctrain and Graycam !

Lanc
 
Last edited:

Eduardo

Member
Joined
7 Jun 2011
Messages
83
Warmest Congratulations Lanc.

And there was you thinking you'd cocked it up.

I wish you all the very best matey. Its an extremely tough job to get and all those that make the grade deserve recognition. :D

No doubt your up there on the ceiling at the minute.

I hope one day I experience it too.

I've never been more determined to do it. ;)

Well done..!
 

Lanc688

Member
Joined
20 May 2012
Messages
227
Location
Lincolnshire
Warmest Congratulations Lanc.

And there was you thinking you'd cocked it up.

I wish you all the very best matey. Its an extremely tough job to get and all those that make the grade deserve recognition. :D

No doubt your up there on the ceiling at the minute.

I hope one day I experience it too.

I've never been more determined to do it. ;)

Well done..!

Thanks mate....you've a good background and with the determination that you show I imagine you'll be there soon.

PS...you're right mate I am well up there right now. Of course Medical to go, but pretty sure I'll be ok with that one.;)

Best of luck
Lanc
 

PeteH

Member
Joined
6 Nov 2012
Messages
112
Is ~3 months 'twixt interview and start date about par for the course, or does it vary massively?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top