• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

3000 applicants so far for TPE trainee dvr jobs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sunday_mornin

Member
Joined
8 Jun 2012
Messages
254
Location
Wigan
I can't comment accurately with regards the structured interview but I was told at my recent Northern assessment at DBS, that Northern have increased their pass marks on the assessments. I am also aware of individuals that have failed their application due to only achieving a borderline pass on one of the tests.
 

Lanc688

Member
Joined
20 May 2012
Messages
227
Location
Lincolnshire
Nailed the last of the assessments today.....interview next (hopefully). Good luck to the rest of you guys still awaiting !

Tip.....relax ! thats the only way unfortunately, although easier said than done !

Regards

Lanc
 

WannabeTD

Member
Joined
18 Sep 2012
Messages
47
Nailed the last of the assessments today.....interview next (hopefully). Good luck to the rest of you guys still awaiting !

Tip.....relax ! thats the only way unfortunately, although easier said than done !

Regards

Lanc

No interview today Lanc. This is the most drawn out process ever!!
 

Lanc688

Member
Joined
20 May 2012
Messages
227
Location
Lincolnshire
No interview today Lanc. This is the most drawn out process ever!!

Manc, sorry I misunderstand. I thought you were due Manc tests Thursday ?

Lanc
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Manc, sorry I misunderstand. I thought you were due Manc tests Thursday ?

Lanc

Manc, Right I see my error. I have already passed Structured from previous. Manager interview next for me.

Good luck tomoz !

Lanc
 

WannabeTD

Member
Joined
18 Sep 2012
Messages
47
Manc, sorry I misunderstand. I thought you were due Manc tests Thursday ?

Lanc

Hi Lanc,

My next assessments are tomorrow.

It was meant to end with a ?

I was hoping for the structured interview tomorrow.

Cheers
Manc
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Lanc

I see, glad my hard work hasnt been done on the wrong day! Good luck at next stage

Manc
 

Lanc688

Member
Joined
20 May 2012
Messages
227
Location
Lincolnshire
Hi Lanc,

My next assessments are tomorrow.

It was meant to end with a ?

I was hoping for the structured interview tomorrow.

Cheers
Manc

Manc, If you are having DTG reactions first then expect structured afterwards if good. I take it that's what you are expecting ? That's what the guys did today anyway !

Lanc
 

WannabeTD

Member
Joined
18 Sep 2012
Messages
47
Manc, If you are having DTG reactions first then expect structured afterwards if good. I take it that's what you are expecting ? That's what the guys did today anyway !

Lanc

That's exactly what i have prepared for. Even just done a reccy to Freemasons Hall!
 

TheVicLine

Member
Joined
21 Aug 2012
Messages
446
Location
Liverpool
As a matter of interest, does anybody know where the initial training will be held for these depots?

Regards
Lanc

Well that's the assessments over and passed, now just a two week wait for the results of the structured interview, never had an interview like that, an hour and a half of constant grilling, really intense and very thorough. The plus side was they left no stone unturned so they are in a good position to judge if you are suitable or not.

Lanc - on my first assessment day the HR Manager was asked this question and said that "probably Liverpool as the most drivers are there". I am guessing that she meant the most trainee driver positions were in Liverpool out of the ten places.
 

Lanc688

Member
Joined
20 May 2012
Messages
227
Location
Lincolnshire
Well that's the assessments over and passed, now just a two week wait for the results of the structured interview, never had an interview like that, an hour and a half of constant grilling, really intense and very thorough. The plus side was they left no stone unturned so they are in a good position to judge if you are suitable or not.

Lanc - on my first assessment day the HR Manager was asked this question and said that "probably Liverpool as the most drivers are there". I am guessing that she meant the most trainee driver positions were in Liverpool out of the ten places.

Vic,

Thanks for that mate and well done. I did the DTG earlier on in the week and it just seemed to go forever and ever !

Glad that's out of the way now. Interesting to see that the TRG may well be in Liverpool....I wonder if they would put you up in accom for that, or would you ride one of their Trains each day ?

Anyway....hope the wait isn't too long mate. Were there many taking the tests with you; I know there were 3 days of stage 2 testing this week and there was about 7 or 8 with me.

Regards
Lanc
 

TheVicLine

Member
Joined
21 Aug 2012
Messages
446
Location
Liverpool
Vic,

Thanks for that mate and well done. I did the DTG earlier on in the week and it just seemed to go forever and ever !

Glad that's out of the way now. Interesting to see that the TRG may well be in Liverpool....I wonder if they would put you up in accom for that, or would you ride one of their Trains each day ?

Anyway....hope the wait isn't too long mate. Were there many taking the tests with you; I know there were 3 days of stage 2 testing this week and there was about 7 or 8 with me.

Regards
Lanc

There were 8 of us taking the reaction tests on Friday, 3 got borderline passes on the test and were told they were not required to take part in the structured interviews so only 5 went through to that stage.

Gave the interview my best shot and i'm usually pretty good at interviews but I honestly have no idea how I did. Just playing the waiting game now like everyone else but I would be pretty disapointed to go out at this stage as I believe First are a pretty good TOC to work for and I am trying to re-locate to Liverpool to be with my GF so the position is perfect for me. If not all is not lost (trying to keep a brave face on it here) and it's back to London Underground on Monday to a job I love, but fingers crossed all the same :D...
 

WannabeTD

Member
Joined
18 Sep 2012
Messages
47
There were 8 of us taking the reaction tests on Friday, 3 got borderline passes on the test and were told they were not required to take part in the structured interviews so only 5 went through to that stage.

Gave the interview my best shot and i'm usually pretty good at interviews but I honestly have no idea how I did. Just playing the waiting game now like everyone else but I would be pretty disapointed to go out at this stage as I believe First are a pretty good TOC to work for and I am trying to re-locate to Liverpool to be with my GF so the position is perfect for me. If not all is not lost (trying to keep a brave face on it here) and it's back to London Underground on Monday to a job I love, but fingers crossed all the same :D...

On thurs 8 of us took the reaction test and 6 made it through to interview. Everyone seemed to think they had acquitted themselves well so it's going to be interesting to see the outcomes. Good luck everyone.
 

Lanc688

Member
Joined
20 May 2012
Messages
227
Location
Lincolnshire
Congrats you two. See you there! Wonder how many of us made it?

Well done to you too mate....I have no idea how many have made this one, but I would imagine there will be at least the one more batch going through the stages.

There's no doubt a few days of interviewing next week.

Lanc
 

evoice

Member
Joined
19 Jun 2012
Messages
53
I believe I didn't make it through the 10 coz I didn't recieve any email. Well at least I now know how the SI works. And Hve got a chance at FGW to prove it this week.
Good luck to you all for the last and final hurdle.
 

Lanc688

Member
Joined
20 May 2012
Messages
227
Location
Lincolnshire
I believe I didn't make it through the 10 coz I didn't recieve any email. Well at least I now know how the SI works. And Hve got a chance at FGW to prove it this week.
Good luck to you all for the last and final hurdle.

Evoice.....I would most definately try to get some feedback BEFORE you take the SI again.

Good luck.

Lanc
 

Lanc688

Member
Joined
20 May 2012
Messages
227
Location
Lincolnshire
Yeah further 10 in June with a chance to go straight on the list for that one if more than 10 are suitable this time round.

To be honest June suits me better anyway, but will of course quite literally jump at the chance of a Jan start if suitable at interview.

Lanc
 

kayla101

Member
Joined
22 Aug 2012
Messages
32
Well, I've just called OPC for some feedback from my assessments.

Seems I met the National Standard so that must mean a borderline pass.:cry:

Sadly not good enough for FTPE, as they don't accept those.

However its slightly reassuring to know that I did pass albeit not to the requirements of this particular TOC.

I am still beating myself up over it, especially with the amount of planning and preparation I did for this.

What was also interesting was the fact that I did well on Glop and Dials.

I was certain I cocked the Glop up!

The Group Bourdon was my weak point. I almost reached the bottom of the page with the Group Bourdon having practiced for weeks.

My guess is that I missed a few of the four dots trying to go too quickly.

Yep, don't remind me - Quality as well as quantity! :D

So in a nut shell I can apply with a National Standard pass to other TOC for now but just not FTPE for 6 months.

Still gutted but now feel a little better. :|

Good luck to those through to Judges Houses.:lol:

hey, when you spoke to OPC what did ask for as proof you are who you say you are? they refused to tell me my results because they said the data is confidential and i am unable to verify that i am myself because it is only via phonecall. i have had no feedback from FTPE so would appreciate it if you could let me know how you managed it!! cheers mate
 

Eduardo

Member
Joined
7 Jun 2011
Messages
83
Hi Kayla,

I didn't get asked for proof. The only verification needed was the date you took the tests and which TOC you were applying for.

The lady was extremely helpful and we spoke in detail for about 10-15 minutes.

Maybe it depends on who you get.
 

kayla101

Member
Joined
22 Aug 2012
Messages
32
Hi Kayla,

I didn't get asked for proof. The only verification needed was the date you took the tests and which TOC you were applying for.

The lady was extremely helpful and we spoke in detail for about 10-15 minutes.

Maybe it depends on who you get.

Thanks! definitely going to ring them today and hope i get a nice lady!
 

TheVicLine

Member
Joined
21 Aug 2012
Messages
446
Location
Liverpool
Just looked at my status online and it says something along the lines of invited to attend "first interview".
Are there further interviews after the one this week? Surely not? :D
 

Lanc688

Member
Joined
20 May 2012
Messages
227
Location
Lincolnshire
Just looked at my status online and it says something along the lines of invited to attend "first interview".
Are there further interviews after the one this week? Surely not? :D

Vic,

I don't believe there are any more interviews. I think it's just a standard First status quote.

In fact I'm 99% sure that there are no more after this one !

Regards
Lanc
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just back from managers interview.....My first interview ever (in military since 17/ 23 years). 50:50 I would say and I certainly won't be surprised if I don't get the job !

Manager and HR rep were absolutely great and made me feel at ease from the start. I so wish I could go back in and start again, but this is genuinly my first interview ever and so if not succesful will be great experience.

The difference I notice from the stuctured interview is the flexibility in the questions that one can be asked...makes sense I guess !

I think that given my achievements so far in my present job, I may have come across as being someone that may well struggle to start at the bottom in another trade. This of course isnt the case, yet I feel this is maybe the perception I may have encouraged.


FYI....External interviews this week and internal next week. Think it's great that the company will take from their own, just hope I may have managed to show them some suitability !

Good luck all....keep us updated !

Regards
Lanc
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top