• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

3 year old's idea liked by Sainsbury's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GB

Established Member
Joined
16 Nov 2008
Messages
6,562
Location
Somewhere
I thought that was actually a really nice letter they sent back to the little girl.
 

seiryuu

Member
Joined
22 Jan 2012
Messages
20
I'm always glad to see a company showing that they have a human side
 

SS4

Established Member
Joined
30 Jan 2011
Messages
8,589
Location
Birmingham
I swear this has been doing the rounds for months.

And indeed it has, June 2011
 

142094

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2009
Messages
8,789
Location
Newcastle
Time to start sending in letters to various TOCs...

"Dear East Coast,

I'd like to rename your service 'Choo Choo Trains', and instead of that boring silver and purple livery, I think it should be bright green with pink spots.

Please can I have a free pass for standard class travel (don't want 1st as I get better food at home).

Yours,

Little Jimmy Trainspotter.
 

Hydro

Established Member
Joined
5 Mar 2007
Messages
2,204
I'd like to rename your service 'Choo Choo Trains', and instead of that boring silver and purple livery, I think it should be bright green with pink spots.


It worked for GB Railfreight.
 

Geezertronic

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2009
Messages
4,125
Location
Birmingham
My youngest sent a letter to Lego with a picture of a design he had done for a Titanic lego model, he got a very nice letter back which made his day.

It's always nice when someone from a large company bothers to send a reply back, especially when it's a youngster receiving the reply.
 

AlterEgo

Verified Rep - Wingin' It! Paul Lucas
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
29,586
Location
LBK
It usually brightens up the letter-writer's day... ;)
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,941
Location
UK
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16812545

The cynic in me wonders why an old letter recently did the rounds on social networking sites in the first place.

Did Sainsbury's act because it was being circulated (as they say), or did Sainsbury's in fact circulate this as a viral publicity stunt itself to get what is certain to be a lot of free publicity?
 

Minilad

Established Member
Joined
26 Feb 2011
Messages
4,398
Location
Anywhere B link goes
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16812545

The cynic in me wonders why an old letter recently did the rounds on social networking sites in the first place.

Did Sainsbury's act because it was being circulated (as they say), or did Sainsbury's in fact circulate this as a viral publicity stunt itself to get what is certain to be a lot of free publicity?

Ooooh you cynic you ;)
 

SS4

Established Member
Joined
30 Jan 2011
Messages
8,589
Location
Birmingham
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16812545

The cynic in me wonders why an old letter recently did the rounds on social networking sites in the first place.

Did Sainsbury's act because it was being circulated (as they say), or did Sainsbury's in fact circulate this as a viral publicity stunt itself to get what is certain to be a lot of free publicity?

I approve of your cynicism <D

It would have been so much funnier if it were Wayne King who replied though ;)

edit: I'm tempted to go to sainsbury's tomorrow and see if they've got around to changing it. Perhaps I should write in and ask them to put custard doughnuts in a box which has the word custard on instead of vanilla.
 

Heinz57

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2009
Messages
649
Location
Ilkeston
Incidently I belive the name might have changed to Giraffe bread. Someone posted a photo on Facebook the other day with the new name on the bread.

My youngest sent a letter to Lego with a picture of a design he had done for a Titanic lego model, he got a very nice letter back which made his day.

My cousin did that once, giving his idea for a set and they sent him a little set back as a present. Obviously it wasn't much like, just a little beech buggy thing. But still. It was rather nice of them.

Hoping for the same thing I sent one too, giving my idea for a 'The Simpsons' range. They sent me a rather breif letter, but I'm still waiting for the free set. It's been 10 years now so I'm starting to think it isn't looking good :lol:
 
Joined
31 Jan 2012
Messages
7
This is a great story and it´s nice to see these "money grabbing" supermarkets doing something right/kind in this world - no doubt for their own benefit!

Anyways, this reminds me of a story about Richard (aka Beardy) Branson from a few years back. It was in reference to when Virgin released a brand of condoms....... consequently one of such condoms didn´t work for a customer and she fell pregnant with her first child....

As it turns out Mr Branson was sitting at his desk when he read the letter that as a result of the failure of his product the Baby what be called Richard and Mr Branson was asked to be the Godfather for the child.... being the man that he is, he turned up at the reception and is indeed the Godfather of that child!

Nice when they reach out.....
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,941
Location
UK
Dear Northern Rail,

My daddy recently took me on one of your Pacer trains.

Why are they called trains? They look like dirty old buses.

Love from Lily Robinson age 3 and 1/2
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top