• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

+3 "connection" at Ridgmont on the Marston Vale line - do-able?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sh24

Established Member
Joined
28 Sep 2023
Messages
1,517
Location
London
Time to tick the shacks off on this line! There is no footbridge I can see, so reliant on the level crossing. If arriving from the Bletchley direction and return back towards Bletchley, is there any chance of making this? Or will I be bowled by the crossing gates?

Surrounding area looks rather sparse if I do end up stuck for an hour...
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

purple-Azumas

Member
Joined
1 Jul 2022
Messages
67
Location
St Albans
I think you'd probably have to be lucky. When I did the line last year, my train from Bletchley was 3 down so there was no chance of getting across (though if my memory serves the guard of the Bletchley-bound train did shout out if anybody was coming across for his train after the crossing went back up). Even without any delays I don't think I'd count on making at as I'm not sure if the crossing would go back up for the minute between one departing and the other arriving but others may have used it more often that me and will have a better opinion...

You've got the Tearooms and Heritage Centre just off the platform if you pick the right day (which I would say is definitely worth stepping back an hour for) so all is not lost, though would agree there's not much around any of the stations on the line.
 

sh24

Established Member
Joined
28 Sep 2023
Messages
1,517
Location
London
You've got the Tearooms and Heritage Centre just off the platform if you pick the right day (which I would say is definitely worth stepping back an hour for) so all is not lost, though would agree there's not much around any of the stations on the line.

Oh that's a great recommendation for a late lunch. Thank you, I'll schedule the step up instead. 8-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top