Failed in the afternoon on Monday 28 April. Up trains could get through as could anything on the Basingstoke line. It was just down trains to the Newbury line impacted (and any returns)
The problem was announced fixed and the 1710 Reading-Newbury was advertised as reinstated and running. It got to Reading West and promptly headed back to Reading (from the down platform, unusual but essential) with driver announcing the failure had reappeared. Was fixed later again and trains started running.
Excitingly, same fault today struck in the afternoon. No trains down, up unaffected. The problem was announced fixed in time for the 1710 Reading - Newbury to run and this time it escaped through Reading West.
I don't recall this exact fault in many years of travelling here, and I assume all linked.
The problem was announced fixed and the 1710 Reading-Newbury was advertised as reinstated and running. It got to Reading West and promptly headed back to Reading (from the down platform, unusual but essential) with driver announcing the failure had reappeared. Was fixed later again and trains started running.
Excitingly, same fault today struck in the afternoon. No trains down, up unaffected. The problem was announced fixed in time for the 1710 Reading - Newbury to run and this time it escaped through Reading West.
I don't recall this exact fault in many years of travelling here, and I assume all linked.