• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

23 thoughts some people have had while commuting in London

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodAtum

On Moderation
Joined
11 Dec 2009
Messages
2,684
I am guilty of no 5 (“Everyone on this train is such a mindless drone. I’m not like them”), 15 ("That train should’ve waited for me! I am the centre of the universe") and 17 (“I have had a worse day at work than anyone else here”) <D Also this is me when I walk past people to sit in 1st class lol

anigif_enhanced-buzz-1619-1413146846-4.gif


ryanbarrell on BuzzFeed said:
1. “A good service is operating on all lines? Really? Then why was I stuck in a tunnel for 10 minutes?”
2. “Are those people trying to eat each others’ faces off?”
3. “I think I might be sweating enough to end worldwide drought.”
4. “Should I wake her up? She’s been asleep since I got on…”
5. “Everyone on this train is such a mindless drone. I’m not like them.”
6. “Oh god, is that woman pregnant? Should I get up?”
7. “Dat breeze when the door opens. That sweet, beautiful, brief breeze.”
8. “What’s the best way to make that guy realise his music is too loud?”....
http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanbarrell/15-feelings-everyone-has-had-while-commuting-in-lo-10qjk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
1) can we post the list for those who cant access buzzfeed at work or on mobile :)
 

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
Joined
10 Feb 2011
Messages
2,723
1) can we post the list for those who cant access buzzfeed at work or on mobile :)

As I can see the words but not the images, here it is;

buzzfeed said:
1. “A good service is operating on all lines? Really? Then why was I stuck in a tunnel for 10 minutes?”

2. “Are those people trying to eat each others’ faces off?”

3. “I think I might be sweating enough to end worldwide drought.”

4. “Should I wake her up? She’s been asleep since I got on…”

5. “Everyone on this train is such a mindless drone. I’m not like them.”

6. “Oh god, is that woman pregnant? Should I get up?”

7. “Dat breeze when the door opens. That sweet, beautiful, brief breeze.”

8. “What’s the best way to make that guy realise his music is too loud?”

9. “Ew, that guy’s hair keeps touching my hand. Ew ew ew.”

10. I have a seat. I beat you.

11. I wonder what would happen if I just put my hand on this speeding train…

12. “I get that you’re trying to be funny, Tube announcer, but you’re really not.”

13. How the hell do Oyster cards even work anyway?

14. Maybe I should just get the bus today…

15. That train should’ve waited for me! I am the centre of the universe.

16. “I have had a worse day at work than anyone else here.”

17. “Can someone tell that person to stop singing along to their music?”

18. “Ew. Ew ew ew. That person just sneezed. I need to get checked for the Flu.”

19. “I need to stop reading that person’s newspaper. BUT I CAN’T.”

20. “Whoa, that person is incredible. I should talk to them. Or at least text Rush Hour Crush. Or just do nothing.”

21. “When will we all be able to travel in our own individual tubes like in Futurama?”

22. “I forgot my headphones. Guess it’s time for an existential crisis.”

23. “What if I just… pushed someone in front of a train?”

Not really particularly funny or insightful, but I'm sure some will nod along at one or two of them.
 

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
Well theres 30 seconds of my life I wont get back. Bloody click bait sites.
 

Monty

Established Member
Joined
12 Jun 2012
Messages
2,370
it isnt funny without the pcitures I'm afraid.

Isn't much funnier with the pictures either, buzz feed has this annoying habit of listing things and includingg irrelvent gifs thinking it makes them more funny. It doesn't. :p
 

londiscape

Member
Joined
1 Oct 2013
Messages
296
Location
SW London
Believe me, if I posted a list of some of my thoughts when I was commuting on Tube and trains in the rush hour, I suspect I'd be arrested or at least banned from the forum. That list above sounds like it came from someone who doesn't actually commute in London, or it's been watered down by sub editors to the point of unrecognisability.

And having just mentally recalled some of said thoughts, I should definitely consider myself a very angry man. Blood pressure check may be wise... :)
 

Starmill

Veteran Member
Joined
18 May 2012
Messages
27,308
Location
Bolton
Buzzfeed is a quick laugh, that some people will get on certain levels and some people won't. No bad thing specifically, but obviously not for everyone and not something to be taken too seriously.
 

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
Some of them can be quite good but others, as on this occasion, are pretty poor.
 

Johnuk123

Established Member
Joined
19 Mar 2012
Messages
2,800
If I had the misfortune to have to commute on the tube every time I was next to somebody coughing and sneezing I would be thinking Ebola.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top