How bizarre. I had those exact units, but 2 days prior. And London doesn’t hold a lot for me these days.16/8:
701039 (Waterloo to Staines)
730001 (Harrow & Wealdstone - Euston)
730044 (Harrow & Wealdstone - Euston)
Also 458422 & 458426 as 458/4s
I still need to make a start with the 720/6s on C2C, but a glance at RTT shows they are more common these days than previously. Probably a potential job for a wet Saturday or a weekday trip when on annual leave.How bizarre. I had those exact units, but 2 days prior. And London doesn’t hold a lot for me these days.
Blimey that's a good haul in one day, what event was it out of interest?18/08/24
20118
20132
66050
66073
66190
66312
66550
66605
66610
66724
69011
70008
It was a great day out and was the BLS (Branch Line Society) Tours to celebrate 50 years of Drax Power Station. Was only expecting 6 locos plus the 20s but each of the 3 freight companies sent additional locos. We also had 66301 on the back for one section but it did not apply powerBlimey that's a good haul in one day, what event was it out of interest?

Must have a go behind Wells at some point. Visited the footplate once when it turned up randomly at Sheffield once whilst I was waiting for a train*, but not travelled behind it.15 August 2024
802205 Liverpool Lime Street-Manchester Victoria
34092 City of Wells Bury Bolton Street-Heywood-Bury Bolton Street
D5054 Phil Southern Bury Bolton Street-Rawtenstall-Bury Bolton Street