• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

2001 / 2002 Bescot to Birmingham Route

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave91131

Member
Joined
13 Jun 2018
Messages
671
Hi all,

I'm trying to find out some information about the 1634 ex Bescot Stadium to Birmingham New Street service on 2 dates: 03-11-2001 and 23-03-2002 (both Saturdays).

This was a DMU-operated service which I believe originated from either Stafford or Rugeley Trent Valley. I'm trying to find out what its booked route to Birmingham New Street was; either via Soho or via Aston.

I'm assuming that the route will be the same for both dates, as I think they may have both fallen in the 'winter' timetable which (if memory serves) stretched from approx late September to mid May back then.

If anyone with old timetables or info is able to advise any details it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

flymo

Established Member
Joined
22 May 2007
Messages
1,554
Location
Geordie back from exile.
Sorry I don't have that years timetable to hand but the year before (winter 2000/2001) shows it on Table 70 as 1634 Mon - Fri via Aston and Saturday at 1635 also via Aston. Both from Stafford. Pls see attached. Sorry the Saturday one is not so good...T70 Sat.png T70 M-F.png
 

Dave91131

Member
Joined
13 Jun 2018
Messages
671
Sorry I don't have that years timetable to hand but the year before (winter 2000/2001) shows it on Table 70 as 1634 Mon - Fri via Aston and Saturday at 1635 also via Aston. Both from Stafford. Pls see attached. Sorry the Saturday one is not so good...View attachment 62664 View attachment 62662

That's fab, thanks. I may have one other service which I need assistance with too - will post on here if I can't work it out from the attachments you've uploaded.

Thanks again.
 

nw1

Established Member
Joined
9 Aug 2013
Messages
9,430
A surprisingly non-clockface timetable for an urban/suburban/commuter area! Were irregular timings the case all day?
 

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,973
Location
Airedale
A surprisingly non-clockface timetable for an urban/suburban/commuter area! Were irregular timings the case all day?
Stafford to Rugeley was, to put it mildly, problematic to timetable as can be seen, and the Chase service was an add-on to the basic Walsall route. Best use of rolling stock meant those off-pattern counter-peak workings.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top