I just happened to be looking for photos of the last British Rail passenger service and came across this link with a few photos:
http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-th...arrives-at-euston-station-london-4107693.html
I remember the BBC showed a clip of the train leaving Waverley, but can't find it on the website or YouTube.
By chance while reading the description of the photo, its been just over 20 years on from 1 April 1997 when the final British Rail service pulled into its final stop.
It got me thinking what everyone's thoughts are on the railways in Britain after
I know we've had the endless topics about Nationalisation V Privatisation debates on the forum, but it would be interesting the read the thoughts on what peoples views are on the positives and negatives over the last 2 decades and where we are today with Britain's railway since that watershed moment.
http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-th...arrives-at-euston-station-london-4107693.html
I remember the BBC showed a clip of the train leaving Waverley, but can't find it on the website or YouTube.
By chance while reading the description of the photo, its been just over 20 years on from 1 April 1997 when the final British Rail service pulled into its final stop.
It got me thinking what everyone's thoughts are on the railways in Britain after
I know we've had the endless topics about Nationalisation V Privatisation debates on the forum, but it would be interesting the read the thoughts on what peoples views are on the positives and negatives over the last 2 decades and where we are today with Britain's railway since that watershed moment.