• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

20.30 departure from London Euston in 1987

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rover

Member
Joined
23 Sep 2011
Messages
557
Location
Derbyshire
I am trying to find out the destination of the weekday 20.30 departure from London Euston in 1987 before the 11th May timetable change.
From the 11th May it was 1F63 to Liverpool Lime Street but before the 11th May 1F63 was the 20.50 departure according to RailGenArchive
Any help would be gratefully appreciated,
thanks
Kev
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Joined
2 Sep 2016
Messages
18,327
Location
Glasgow
I am trying to find out the destination of the weekday 20.30 departure from London Euston in 1987 before the 11th May timetable change.
From the 11th May it was 1F63 to Liverpool Lime Street but before the 11th May 1F63 was the 20.50 departure according to RailGenArchive
Any help would be gratefully appreciated,
thanks
Kev

The 1985/6 Carriage working book gives the 2030 off Euston as to Wolverhampton - Fridays Excepted and Saturdays Only or to Holyhead - Fridays Only. 1F63 is the 2050 to Liverpool.

One year out but it might have remained like that until May 1987?
 

Rover

Member
Joined
23 Sep 2011
Messages
557
Location
Derbyshire
Thanks for that, I have those carriage diagrams and I suspected it might be 1G46 to Wolverhampton but I couldn't be sure but I've now found one listed for the 13th May 86 on RailGenArchive which should have run until May 87 so I'm pretty confident you are correct.
 

rogercov

Member
Joined
8 Feb 2019
Messages
277
Location
Coventry/London
I've got the 1984, 1986 and 1987 passenger timetables. The 20:30 was the Wolverhampton service right up to May 1987. It didn't run through to Holyhead between September 86 and May 87.

It looks like the Friday extension to Holyhead was a Summer-only variation which was repeated for a number of years. It ran through to Holyhead on Fridays in 1984 and 1986 but only between May and September.
 

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Joined
2 Sep 2016
Messages
18,327
Location
Glasgow
It looks like the Friday extension to Holyhead was a Summer-only variation which was repeated for a number of years. It ran through to Holyhead on Fridays in 1984 and 1986 but only between May and September

Same situation in 1985
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top