Amos390
Member
Afternoon all,
I heard that apparently, on Monday, 1Y17 Nottingham to Leeds operated by 195018 nearly derailed on approach into Nottingham, with a report of the train “Hitting something hard and fast” and “jolting left and right”, with the driver applying emergency brakes, with medical attention required due to someone being thrown across the carriage.
I’ve only heard this from one source that I was sent (image attached) and would like to confirm whether this is true, and what happened, which appears to be from a Reddit user, however not sure where on Reddit. I have also linked the service involved and the following service (Which was cancelled for YI - Late arrival of inbound booked stock), which ran out of Notts later under 5Z20 (off timetable). I should also mention 195018 has not returned to service yet.
1Y17 - https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:G91067/2026-05-04/detailed#allox_id=0
1Y20 - https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:G91075/2026-05-04/detailed
I heard that apparently, on Monday, 1Y17 Nottingham to Leeds operated by 195018 nearly derailed on approach into Nottingham, with a report of the train “Hitting something hard and fast” and “jolting left and right”, with the driver applying emergency brakes, with medical attention required due to someone being thrown across the carriage.
I’ve only heard this from one source that I was sent (image attached) and would like to confirm whether this is true, and what happened, which appears to be from a Reddit user, however not sure where on Reddit. I have also linked the service involved and the following service (Which was cancelled for YI - Late arrival of inbound booked stock), which ran out of Notts later under 5Z20 (off timetable). I should also mention 195018 has not returned to service yet.
1Y17 - https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:G91067/2026-05-04/detailed#allox_id=0
1Y20 - https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:G91075/2026-05-04/detailed
Attachments
Last edited: