• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1V71 (Cross Country) 1st Class on a 220

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom73

Member
Joined
24 Apr 2018
Messages
211
What can I expect in First Class? My first time in Cross Country 1st Class.
Travelling a relatively short distance, between two Yorkshire stations.
How full is the Edinburgh-Bristol service likely to be on a Friday night tootling through the Yorkshire countryside between 8PM and 9PM
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

father_jack

Established Member
Joined
26 Jan 2010
Messages
1,557
What can I expect in First Class? My first time in Cross Country 1st Class.
Travelling a relatively short distance, between two Yorkshire stations.
How full is the Edinburgh-Bristol service likely to be on a Friday night tootling through the Yorkshire countryside between 8PM and 9PM
The weekday running is as here https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/P38733/2019/08/20/advanced

It will be lightly loaded unless there's disruption.

The basic XC bumpf is here. https://www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk/on-board-with-crosscountry/first-class-food-and-drink
If say it's York to Leeds (as you're cagey with your intentions :D) you're off at 1845 and the diagram here gets you an at seat hot refreshment https://www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk/media/3314/southbound-meal-trains-11-march-2019.pdf but only if your journey is 90 minutes long.

I'll leave it there but the cynic in me has kicked in :D
 

tom73

Member
Joined
24 Apr 2018
Messages
211
Thank you father_jack. Off at 20:11 actually. My bad, error in thread title. It's 1V70 but I don't know how to change a thread title.
 

krus_aragon

Established Member
Joined
10 Jun 2009
Messages
6,105
Location
North Wales
Thank you father_jack. Off at 20:11 actually. My bad, error in thread title. It's 1V70 but I don't know how to change a thread title.
I believe you can change it if you edit the first post in the thread (unless I'm getting confused with a different forum software package).
 

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Joined
14 Nov 2011
Messages
13,472
Location
Caerphilly
As the OP you can change the title by going to "Thread Tools" (exclusive available to OP) and Edit accordingly
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top