RacsoMoquette
Member
Hello, in this thread I thought it would be of interest to discuss in-depth regarding the 1990s referbishement of Tube Stocks. I thought we could think about trial interior referbs and companies carrying out the referbs.
Firstly I am interested to know had RFS Industries not entered receivership and did perform the 1973TS refurbishment. Would they have fitted a completely different interior design? As the contract was quickly passed to Bombardier Prorail in Wakefield to complete the program. I am interested to know weather the refurbishment outcome would be similar to that of the C Stock also refurbished by RFS? Or was RFS to refurbish the interior via a strict program and therefore Bombardier took said contract over? Also why was RFS selected for the 1973TS refurbishment instead of Tickford Rosyth akin to the 1967/72TS? Because the prototype referb with luggage racks appeared to be quite similar visually to the refurbished 1967/72TS.
Firstly I am interested to know had RFS Industries not entered receivership and did perform the 1973TS refurbishment. Would they have fitted a completely different interior design? As the contract was quickly passed to Bombardier Prorail in Wakefield to complete the program. I am interested to know weather the refurbishment outcome would be similar to that of the C Stock also refurbished by RFS? Or was RFS to refurbish the interior via a strict program and therefore Bombardier took said contract over? Also why was RFS selected for the 1973TS refurbishment instead of Tickford Rosyth akin to the 1967/72TS? Because the prototype referb with luggage racks appeared to be quite similar visually to the refurbished 1967/72TS.
Last edited: