Ploughman
Established Member
I recently came across a Rail tour info pack about a trip from York to Whitby and return. Dated Sunday 23-8-1970.
Proposed by NORTH YORKSHIRE MOORS RAILWAY PRESERVATION SOCIETY (YORK AREA GROUP)
Train reporting number IG14
09.30 off York return 20.35
11.45 Whitby return 18.25
Also mentioned is a run with the Q6 between Grosmont and Ellerbeck.
My query is, Did this train run?
I have checked on 6 bells junction and not noted.
I have checked YAG's Committee minutes but the early 70's are patchy or missing.
I have asked other members but age does not help.
Can anyone provide an answer?
Proposed by NORTH YORKSHIRE MOORS RAILWAY PRESERVATION SOCIETY (YORK AREA GROUP)
Train reporting number IG14
09.30 off York return 20.35
11.45 Whitby return 18.25
Also mentioned is a run with the Q6 between Grosmont and Ellerbeck.
My query is, Did this train run?
I have checked on 6 bells junction and not noted.
I have checked YAG's Committee minutes but the early 70's are patchy or missing.
I have asked other members but age does not help.
Can anyone provide an answer?