• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

185 on the M6 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
30 Jun 2005
Messages
8,888
Location
Rugby
On my way home from work today I passed a 185 carriage heading south on the M6 on the back of a low loader between Rugby (Junction 1) and Coventry (Junction 2) at about 16:15. Any ideas where it was off to and why?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

142094

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2009
Messages
8,789
Location
Newcastle
Wasn't the one that hit the ice in Summit tunnel going for repair somewhere?
 

Crossover

Established Member
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
9,494
Location
Yorkshire
I'd suspect the same too. I did wonder what the outcome will be as to where it would end up for repairs.

I remember a few months back another train I think had had a disagreement with a tree (126? - it was in a previous thread of mine) so the leading carriage was shipped back to Germany by road for repairs, while the rest of it sat at the Piccadilly end of Ardwick depot for a number of weeks
 

Pumbaa

Established Member
Joined
19 Feb 2008
Messages
5,022
As far as I was aware the set in Summit was headed for Kilmarnock first for assessment. It is possible that is headed from Km to Germany.
 

Soupdragon

Member
Joined
26 Feb 2009
Messages
34
it could be the one that hit a pile of rocks in Hexthorpe cutting on New Years morning... (106 or 113.... cant remember which.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top