• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

18:53 Llandudno jct to Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islandexpress

Member
Joined
3 Mar 2016
Messages
67
So, the other day I booked an advance ticket from Bangor (N Wales) to Man Vic for Mon 20th Aug. This advises me to change at Llandudno junction for an 18:53 dep to change again at Newton Le Willows for Man Vic. I’ve just checked real time trains for a completely different reason and this train doesn’t appear. I’ve checked national rail enquiries again and the train and journey aren’t there! Any ideas??
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Joined
14 Nov 2011
Messages
13,472
Location
Caerphilly
So, the other day I booked an advance ticket from Bangor (N Wales) to Man Vic for Mon 20th Aug. This advises me to change at Llandudno junction for an 18:53 dep to change again at Newton Le Willows for Man Vic. I’ve just checked real time trains for a completely different reason and this train doesn’t appear. I’ve checked national rail enquiries again and the train and journey aren’t there! Any ideas??

There are some temporary alterations in the Llandudno area due to an ongoing shortage of units and this train is not running. Only ATW can answer your query so suggest you Tweet them in the morning. They don't seem to bother to make these alterations public.
There is no point in tweeting ATW tonight as they close at 2000 and, in any case, he Tweeter would probably have to consult a department who work office hours.
 

nw-sparks

Member
Joined
10 Oct 2013
Messages
273
Location
Liverpool
... or catch an earlier train or go to Piccadilly instead. Looking on the bright side you've now got a flexible ticket for an advance price, not much compensation, I know, for having your plans buggered up at the last minute.
 

Islandexpress

Member
Joined
3 Mar 2016
Messages
67
Thanks people. I’ll tweet in the morning as I probably now need to go earlier. Want to get the 21:20 Calder Valley service from Vic, which in theory should have got me home to Shipley for less than half the price of the std ticket! I don’t mind the odd change but a journey via Crewe and Piccadilly will border on the arduous!
 

Statto

Established Member
Joined
8 Feb 2011
Messages
4,104
Location
At home or at the pub
Eastbound North Wales Coast services from the 13.58 Holyhead-London VT is awful, there's about 7 departures from Holyhead for the rest of the day last one departing 20.32, with an additional 20.20 VT Bangor-Birmingham, the other side of the coin, there's a load of Westbound services from 2pm to Holyhead last one arriving after 2am.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top