• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

18:06 Leeds to Carlisle

Status
Not open for further replies.

philjo

Established Member
Joined
9 Jun 2009
Messages
3,021
Can anyone please let me know how busy the 18:06 Leeds to Carlisle service normally is on departure from Leeds?

I am thinking of using this service in a couple of weeks - I would then be staying overnight in Carlisle. I would have luggage with me. As far as I can see this train is not reservable?
As it is the last train of the day to Carlisle I would not want to find that I cannot board at Leeds - also I assume the previous 17:56 to Skipton would be even fulller ?

My alternative option is to stay in Leeds and get the 08:18 Morecambe service the next morning. ( i would be ending up in Windermere next day for Easter break)
Thanks.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dave87016

Established Member
Joined
9 Dec 2008
Messages
1,888
Location
Lancashire
Cant speak for the passenger volume on the mentioned services but if you hold a railcard of sorts would a Freedom Of The North West Rover be a better ticket or even cheaper ?
 

Tim R-T-C

Established Member
Joined
23 May 2011
Messages
2,143
It is usually quite full with commuters as it acts essentially as a relief train for the 1756 for pax going to Bingley, Keighley and Skipton.

From when I used to catch it, the doors would open before the 1756 departed, so many people only get on after they have missed the earlier train. If you hop on and get a seat first, you should be fine.
 

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Joined
28 Feb 2011
Messages
10,544
I have used this train a number of times and it will be busy and potentially a few standing till Keighley or Skipton but you will not be left behind, staff do seam quite good at ensuring pax for the S and C get on. Bord early and youl be fine.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top