• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

156409 / (153356) Hybrid Back in CT Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
30 Dec 2009
Messages
480
Does anyone have any pictures of the 156409 / (153356) hybrid that Central Trains created when the other half of 409 was involved in the Nocton incident.

I also know there was two other hybrids formed with 156411 / 364, and 1564xx / 383.

Also does anyone know what diagrams they were used on, ie were they kept on services around the Lincoln or Nottingham area or used all over the CT network?

I know the set was kept as 156409 so it didnt end up on the Stourbridge shuttle if it was numbered 153356.

Any pics at all of the 156 / 153 Hybrid please post. cheers
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WillPS

Established Member
Joined
18 Nov 2008
Messages
2,431
Location
Nottingham
I don't see any reason why it couldn't just be diagrammed as a 156 - I don't know of any restrictions on the former CT network that affected 156s but not 153s (although there is such a restriction somewhere in Scotland).
 

D6975

Established Member
Joined
26 Nov 2009
Messages
3,053
Location
Bristol
I've got a a phot of one of the hybrid sets arriving at Crewe from Derby, not sure which one it is though. I'll look it up when I'm home.
 

SprinterMan

Established Member
Joined
20 Sep 2010
Messages
2,341
Location
Hertford
DJC_153351+156-57489_hybrid_York_030304.jpg

http://members.madasafish.com/~dysgraphyk/156/class156_misformed.htm
This page is good for info about 156 hybrid sets.
Adam :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top