• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

150/1 at Brush Loughborough today. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

43074

Established Member
Joined
10 Oct 2012
Messages
2,253
On Loughborough station earlier today (14th January), I saw a Class 150/1 in a holding siding just north of Loughborough station, from which I assume it was to go into (or from) the Brush factory. I think it was a Great Western 150, but due to the heavy snow it was unclear what it was. Does anyone know why it was there?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pumbaa

Established Member
Joined
19 Feb 2008
Messages
5,022
Either 150001 or 150002, sent their for various mods, including fitting of standard size fuel tanks.
 

TEW

Established Member
Joined
16 May 2008
Messages
6,228
150002. 150001 is at St.Phillips Marsh at the moment I believe, at least it was late last week anyway.
 

43074

Established Member
Joined
10 Oct 2012
Messages
2,253
Thanks for the information. :D

I assume 150001 will follow?
 

455driver

Veteran Member
Joined
10 May 2010
Messages
11,329
Either 150001 or 150002, sent their for various mods, including fitting of standard size fuel tanks.

Why has it taken this long to fit them?

Oh hang on I know the answer, it is because when they were with Central Trains they always broke down before the fuel tanks were empty, but now FGW have got them they are a bit more reliable!:lol:
 

fgwrich

Established Member
Joined
15 Apr 2009
Messages
10,651
Location
Hampshire
150002. 150001 is at St.Phillips Marsh at the moment I believe, at least it was late last week anyway.

001 Should be back in Reading this evening as it had a path booked in today - was down in St Phillips Marsh depot for tyre turning.

002 is now at Brush Loughborough - having left Reading on Saturday and stopping in Tyseley for the weekend. That's there for FGW class 150/1 Standardisation, Fleet mods, and of course the new larger standard class 150 Fuel Tank. Which considering 001 & 002 both have different filler caps and smaller range tanks certainly will be a good thing! Hopefully some of the mods will including attention to the Engine & Transmission set up - wasn't sounding very healthy last week on one of the cars, and some attention to the electronics.

Both 150/0s did receive some of the FGW Fleet standardisation during the refurb and after (including LED interior lighting), but these trips to BRUSH should rectify some of the remaining faults.
 
Last edited:

O L Leigh

Established Member
Joined
20 Jan 2006
Messages
5,609
Location
In the cab with the paper
002 is now at Brush Loughborough - having left Reading on Saturday and stopping in Tyseley for the weekend.

Sure about it's weekend berth...?

I passed a Cl150 showing "Penzance" on the front in the vicinity of Droitwich at about 0530 today. I can only assume it was this unit.

O L Leigh
 

83G/84D

Established Member
Joined
28 Oct 2011
Messages
6,152
Location
Cornwall
Sure about it's weekend berth...?

I passed a Cl150 showing "Penzance" on the front in the vicinity of Droitwich at about 0530 today. I can only assume it was this unit.

O L Leigh

I can vouch for the fact it didn't make it to Penzance!!
 

fgwrich

Established Member
Joined
15 Apr 2009
Messages
10,651
Location
Hampshire
Sure about it's weekend berth...?

I passed a Cl150 showing "Penzance" on the front in the vicinity of Droitwich at about 0530 today. I can only assume it was this unit.

O L Leigh

Not sure if there's another one up at Tyseley then but it's not our 001 & 002 - They only have a limited number of Thames Valley destinations on their blinds. But 002 Certainly spent most of the weekend up at Tyseley though.
 

O L Leigh

Established Member
Joined
20 Jan 2006
Messages
5,609
Location
In the cab with the paper
This was today (Monday) very early indeed. Definately a Cl150/1 (central destination blind) heading towards Brum from the direction of Worcester and almost certainly originating from the west due to the Penzance blind rather than being one of the LM trio.

Are there any other suggestions if not either of the Scuds...?

O L Leigh
 

aylesbury

Member
Joined
3 Feb 2012
Messages
622
Good to see these units being refurbed mechanicaly as they are excellent to travel on giving good service on busy routes.
 

TEW

Established Member
Joined
16 May 2008
Messages
6,228
This was today (Monday) very early indeed. Definately a Cl150/1 (central destination blind) heading towards Brum from the direction of Worcester and almost certainly originating from the west due to the Penzance blind rather than being one of the LM trio.

Are there any other suggestions if not either of the Scuds...?

O L Leigh

Could have been any of the FGW 150/1s. They do to Tyseley for work from time to time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top