• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

143 Pacer Vs 150 Sprinter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fgwrich

Established Member
Joined
15 Apr 2009
Messages
10,651
Location
Hampshire
The Dog?

(Sorry, just remembered it's a railway forum and must be relevant, Dog-Box?)

Hang on, Haven't we seen this one before? I think the styling cues are similar!
 

Attachments

  • 70547330_18f66059df.jpg
    70547330_18f66059df.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 90

Footplate1

Member
Joined
17 Jul 2016
Messages
32
If we said both trains were lined up rail by rail and accelerated to 75mph which would win?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Anyone know the 0-60 mph on both?
 

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Joined
23 Jan 2009
Messages
32,692
Location
Northwich
The loading might be relevant - Pacers struggle when they have a crush loading whereas 150s seem to accelerate as normal.
 

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Joined
18 Dec 2012
Messages
19,372
Location
Yorkshire
The loading might be relevant - Pacers struggle when they have a crush loading whereas 150s seem to accelerate as normal.

True, as Pacers are lighter, the extra weight of a full load is a greater proportion of the overall weight compared to a 150 loaded to a similar density.
 

Footplate1

Member
Joined
17 Jul 2016
Messages
32
True, as Pacers are lighter, the extra weight of a full load is a greater proportion of the overall weight compared to a 150 loaded to a similar density.

I wonder if Northern would let us have a drag race sometime:D
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Anyone know the 20-75 times ?
 

BestWestern

Established Member
Joined
6 Feb 2011
Messages
6,736
It would probably depend heavily on which unit was the least knackered.
 

notadriver

Established Member
Joined
1 Oct 2010
Messages
3,737
Footplate1 is definitely NOT a driver (like me ) :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

DasLunatic

Member
Joined
11 May 2015
Messages
696
You didn't drive any when at Northern?

These are really strange threads for a 46 year old driver.

He could have ended up working out of Doncaster/Leeds on the electric services. He may only be cleared to drive the 333s, 322 and 321s and is therefore unable to drive Pacers and Sprinters. Highly unlikely, but plausible based on what he's said thus far.
 

Darandio

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2007
Messages
11,145
Location
Redcar
Footplate1 is definitely NOT a driver (like me ) :)

But he drove Intercity 125's in BR days? He drove for Northern? He now drives HST's for Crosscountry? Which incidentally have some kind of turbo boost.....
 

Footplate1

Member
Joined
17 Jul 2016
Messages
32
You didn't drive any when at Northern?

These are really strange threads for a 46 year old driver.

I did drive both extensively as well as the 333 class but that doesn't mean that I can determine which would win in a drag race. I've driven a Ferrari and a Lamborghini around a track that doesn't mean I know which would win in a
a race.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Footplate1 is definitely NOT a driver (like me ) :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you think I'm not a driver but I've just finished a turn in XC 43378 just now :roll: hilarious! I'd understand if I was saying I'm a premier league footballer!
 
Last edited:

DasLunatic

Member
Joined
11 May 2015
Messages
696
I did drive both extensively as well as the 333 class but that doesn't mean that I can determine which would win in a drag race. I've driven a Ferrari and a Lamborghini around a track that doesn't mean I know which would win in a
a race.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---


I'm not a driver but I've just finished a turn in XC 43378 just now :roll:

So you're a guard with XC, then? Seems like quite a relegation from being a driver...
 
Last edited:

Footplate1

Member
Joined
17 Jul 2016
Messages
32
So you're a guard with XC, then? Seems like quite a relegation from being a driver...

No I'm a driver, I was being sarcastic in relation to Notadrivers comments.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
 
Last edited:

notadriver

Established Member
Joined
1 Oct 2010
Messages
3,737
Then why won't you answer questions in relation to the routes you allegedly sign ? By the way I'm not a driver.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:

delt1c

Established Member
Joined
4 Apr 2008
Messages
2,182
Then why won't you answer questions in relation to the routes you allegedly sign ? By the way I'm not a driver.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what a load of male bovine species ( work that one out) . Lets get back to the origonal question what has the best acceleration in various circumstance.
 

delt1c

Established Member
Joined
4 Apr 2008
Messages
2,182
Surely you mean 'faeces'?

I meant species , but think you might be closer
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
how long till this gets censored and deleted by the PC brigade
 

SpacePhoenix

Established Member
Joined
18 Mar 2014
Messages
5,491
Hopefully the pacers would win the race - to the scrapyard! Glad that SWTs never have or never will ever use them
 

Parallel

Established Member
Joined
9 Dec 2013
Messages
4,534
I find the 143s fine generally. Other than some squealing, ATW/GWR's examples aren't that different (comfortwise) to the 150s the respective companies operate. (I actually find the 143s more comfortable than GWR's 150/1s.) I still don't think 143s and 144s should be written off just yet, and should remain to enhance capacity on certain routes for a little while longer.
 

Footplate1

Member
Joined
17 Jul 2016
Messages
32
The only trains nearly as bad as a pacer would be the old tube trains that are currently being pitched to most rail companies as a pacer replacement.
 

notadriver

Established Member
Joined
1 Oct 2010
Messages
3,737
Don't tell me you've been a district line tube driver as well (!!!)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

6Gman

Established Member
Joined
1 May 2012
Messages
9,228
So you think I'm not a driver but I've just finished a turn in XC 43378 just now :roll: hilarious! I'd understand if I was saying I'm a premier league footballer!

Now footballer I'd believe!

:D
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Don't tell me you've been a district line tube driver as well (!!!)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he's Andrea Leadsom!
 

Turbodriver

New Member
Joined
23 Jan 2013
Messages
3
I did drive both extensively as well as the 333 class but that doesn't mean that I can determine which would win in a drag race. I've driven a Ferrari and a Lamborghini around a track that doesn't mean I know which would win in a
a race.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---


So you think I'm not a driver but I've just finished a turn in XC 43378 just now :roll: hilarious! I'd understand if I was saying I'm a premier league footballer!

333s awesome beasts!

If you are a driver, here's a little 333 trivia question for you!

Pressing the pan up reset for the third time in 5 minutes has what effect on a 333?

Former NT Leeds driver.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top