• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

125 GROUP TOURS - 2026

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Krystal

Member
Joined
12 Aug 2025
Messages
130
Location
Suburbia London
I also saw the HST on its ECS run at Camden Road today. There were a lot of enthusiasts on the platform too and from what I've seen from the old 43159 livery, this fits the Mk3 coaches much better! Maybe one day we'll get Intercity Swallow on both ends again!
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2026-10-02 222056.png
    Screenshot 2026-10-02 222056.png
    253.6 KB · Views: 33

Amos390

Member
Joined
22 Jan 2025
Messages
851
Location
Nottingham
It quite took me by surprise how little an amount of people there were at Newark for the ECS, would've expected a small gaggle of maybe 5-10 dotted along the platform, but I only counted 3, myself and 2 others. Clearly ECS moves go much less noticed, maybe something to take note of in the future to avoid the bustle of the main tour but still see the same stuff.
 

Krystal

Member
Joined
12 Aug 2025
Messages
130
Location
Suburbia London
It quite took me by surprise how little an amount of people there were at Newark for the ECS, would've expected a small gaggle of maybe 5-10 dotted along the platform, but I only counted 3, myself and 2 others. Clearly ECS moves go much less noticed, maybe something to take note of in the future to avoid the bustle of the main tour but still see the same stuff.
If anything I'd much prefer spot a railtour when it's on an ECS run for this very reason!
There's a reason why I went to Royal Oak to capture a rare train into Paddington, and that was to avoid the crowds of people at PAD.
 

Amos390

Member
Joined
22 Jan 2025
Messages
851
Location
Nottingham
If anything I'd much prefer spot a railtour when it's on an ECS run for this very reason!
There's a reason why I went to Royal Oak to capture a rare train into Paddington, and that was to avoid the crowds of people at PAD.
The other option is travel out to a middle-of-nowhere station, but I would rather see the ECS than that most likely (unless it's local, then I'd see both :D)
 

WesternLancer

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Apr 2019
Messages
15,319
saw the ECS for the tours on the weekend, and 43159 looked stunning on the rear, I am also a big fan of how now the set flows with it being all in IC colours. I uploaded my video to YouTube and have attached the pictures of each power car.View attachment 212664View attachment 212665
Thanks for sharing these pics

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

View attachment 212678
Passing Brondesbury Park today on The ECS to West Ealing.
Nice light there
 

milooo

Member
Joined
3 Dec 2024
Messages
213
Location
Stevenage
During our wait for the IET to move there were talks of us diverting via Bristol Parkway and Filton Abbey Wood. That never happened in the end and we went through Chippenham 29 down
 

43096

On Moderation
Joined
23 Nov 2015
Messages
18,878
During our wait for the IET to move there were talks of us diverting via Bristol Parkway and Filton Abbey Wood. That never happened in the end and we went through Chippenham 29 down
Network Rail changed their mind on whether to divert or not.

There was a certain irony in the HST’s inferior replacement delaying the 50th anniversary service.
 

RGM654

Member
Joined
19 Jul 2022
Messages
246
Location
Harrow
Just got home after an enjoyable ride, and back to Euston by Avanti. I was a bit disconcerted that my "toastie" from the buffet was untoasted, but that is a minor quibble. We ran pretty much to time until we joined the Hope Valley where we were behind a late running stopper, but still we were only a few minutes late into Piccadilly.
 

Amos390

Member
Joined
22 Jan 2025
Messages
851
Location
Nottingham
Just got home after an enjoyable ride, and back to Euston by Avanti. I was a bit disconcerted that my "toastie" from the buffet was untoasted, but that is a minor quibble. We ran pretty much to time until we joined the Hope Valley where we were behind a late running stopper, but still we were only a few minutes late into Piccadilly.
Indeed, a very pleasurable journey with some stunning views along the Hope Valley line, unfortunately could not quite say the same for my journey back which didn't quite seem to go as well as yours did, wasn't a great sight when was my what was meant to be four-car 170 (170507 and 170517) had been cut to just two cars (with only 507 doing the work), with this unit to arrive into Picc already full and standing. Luckily just managed to squeeze on (albeit in the luggage racks), which could not be said for the other 3/4 passengers waiting to board. Left Picc about 15L, only losing time from then on, arrived back into Notts a whole 39L and very sore. A world a different to the HST, which I deeply yearned for on that return... At least I will get a little cash back, and there was a very nice sunset :)
 

A S Leib

Established Member
Joined
9 Sep 2018
Messages
3,392
I just missed seeing today's (well, yesterday's) tour at Dore as a bus was five minutes late. Given the Hope Valley stopper was delayed, I don't know if I'd have got there in time if I'd gone to Dore & Totley by train instead (unless it's possible to see Dore south curve from the station? From what I can see, it isn't).

Grindleford would have worked if I hadn't had other plans, but there'll hopefully be more opportunities in the future.
 

Top